1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ides of March

Discussion in 'Killers' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is The Ides of March on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

13.0%
  2. 9

8.7%
  3. 8

15.2%
  4. 7

21.7%
  5. 6

17.4%
  6. 5

17.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

4.3%
  9. 2

2.2%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

• Nothing more than an intro to Wrathchild. Some exciting guitar work that does a good job preparing for the rest of the album.
    • I don't think it sounds incomplete, it sound complete for what it is: An intro. Skippable but not particularly weak.
    5/10.

2. Collin

Collin Jambi

It's a great intro. Good guitar work. Great to an album.
    9/10

3. Bombusbombus

Bombusbombus Nomad

I think this is a great intro, it worked well on the live shows and it works well here. It doesn't feel like a complete song and I don't view it as one either since it would feel a bit wierd to listen to on it's own without a follow up track for it to lead into. But I like it, it sets the mood nicely and does it's thing. I have always felt Maiden records have worked better with intros than just starting with a short rocker.
    7/10

4. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

A good intro, but I think it could be cut and the album wouldn't suffer. Balances out at a...

5/10

5. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

I'm going to give it 7. Because it's tailored to be just an minute intro to the album/show. In that role it works, and a seven won't bring down or significantly raise total album score.

6. Nick2632

Nick2632 Nomad

7/10. Works great as an intro, which of course was what it was written for. I wish Maiden would have made more albums with a specific intro to set the mood of the album like this one does very will for Killers. I enjoy hearing it before Wrathchild, then Murders In A Rue Morgue, definitely a strong way to open their 2nd album!

7. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

6. It's good. Nothing more, nothing less.

8. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

One of the best intros ever, easily 10/10

9. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

Starts off the album in a really good way. Great intro to Wrathchild. 8/10.

10. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

Ah I like it but its just too short to be ranked alongside other Maiden tracks on a serious basis so it only gets

11. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

A filler intro... Anyway nice segwey into Wrathchild.

6/10

12. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

It's hard to choose between Genghis Khan and this song, both are great, Khan is slightly better, this song is awesome nonetheless, give it 9/10.

13. The Reverend

The Reverend Invader

Largely superfluous intro with some wonderful guitar work.
    Highlight: Adrian Smith
    Lowlight: "Wrathchild" offers a better intro to "Wrathchild" than this
    5/10