1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ides of March

Discussion in 'Killers' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is The Ides of March on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

13.0%
  2. 9

8.7%
  3. 8

15.2%
  4. 7

21.7%
  5. 6

17.4%
  6. 5

17.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

4.3%
  9. 2

2.2%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Perun described it well. The march rhythm is pretty unique in Maiden (perhaps the title was named after it, or vice versa?)

This little strong opener makes you go on the edge of your seat, and the solos are a lust for the ears, while Clive and Steve play as one unit beneath.

2. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

I like it, but I don't love it. A nice instrumental, and I agree on what Foro says about the solos. Still, I like the other standalone instrumentals a tad better. 7/10 (but close to being an 8).

3. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan Ancient Mariner

Just an intro.  Nothing grand. If it was developed into a full intrumental like GK or Big 'Orra it would have been higher. 5/10

4. ______no5

______no5 The Angel Of The Odd

Just an intro?? I don't think so. 10/10. To me, it's an accomplished song, plus one of my favorites. Its length, makes it even more brilliant.

5. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan Ancient Mariner

Ok.  The guitars are great.  But I don't think it warrants a high rating.  If the riff developed into something larger, I'd rate it higher.  At this point, I'd rather listen to GK and Big 'Orra.

6. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

9 out of 10... great opener and instrumental, but not as substantial as Transylvania. I wish it had a little more length, but it's purpose as the lead in to Wrathchild makes it part of a wicked one two punch. Clive's drumming has always highlighted this tune for me...

7. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

nothing special, just a short intro, I'll give it a 5.

8. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Current score: 7.46
    Previous average: 9.20
    Difference: -1.74

9. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

One of Maiden's best opener. The way it goes into Wrathchild is just awesome. 9/10

10. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

Definitely a great opener! 9/10 from me as well.

11. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

It starts good, but in the end is really nothing special. Weakest Iron Maiden opener. 6/10.

12. Yax

Yax Ancient Mariner

I love it. Works wonders when it's followed by Wrathchild. 8/10.

13. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Yup, very effective intro, works great paired with Wrathchild. But it's not worth more than 7.

14. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

Good intro, sounds good, way too short, I suppose that it was needed to lead into a song like Wrathchild to give the opening some sort of build up, 7/10.

15. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Yes it's just an intro but it's a hell of an intro. Has a great connection to Wrathchild. 8/10.

16. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

A cool intro, but it just feels unfinished.  What is there is cool though.

17. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

8 - great intro. Leads so nicely to Wrathchild.

18. wizard

wizard Invader

A good start to the album, it feels like just an intro but overall, it has great melodies. 8/10.

19. Murder89

Murder89 Officer Friendly

The world is filled with instrumental openers/intros that are completely useless.But not here.This song stands easily individually or as a prelude to watch coming next.
    Nice beat and solos. 9/10

20. Tron

Tron Trooper

nice and atmospheric, another happy one and i like it better than genghis by far 8/10