The Final Frontier charts' thread

Read the forumn rules. When longtime a member points out something like that it is usually a good idea to accept the advice and look at your posting skills.

@maidenwarrior, check this out

Edit by moderator: link removed. Please keep it civil, Zare.

nibblet said:
Actually, on this point we do have a bit of bad news.  Though, TFF has a far better 2nd week chart position than AMOLAD, the actual total 2nd week sales run of TFF is less than the 2nd week sales run of AMOLAD.  This may seem odd, but it's down to a shrinking album market.

In fact, whilst Maiden are no doubt seeing a general slight increase in global sales with the TFF, the better chart positions are also linked to a weaker market compared to the one in 2006 when AMOLAD was released.

Another case on point, in its second week of release, TFF is charting at number 20 in the USA with about 20,000 copies sold.  AMOLAD was just outside the Top 40 on its second week of charting in the USA with the same sales.

Still, there's no denying that all this chart action is the best Maiden have had since their resurection in the charts since Brave New World (it's just not quite reflective in actual sales but that argument is all relative anyway)
I think that if we had actual worldwide numbers the difference with AMOLAD would be quite significant in  sales' numbers.

ive got it so ive got to play the final frontier a thousand times and got to like it because maiden fans have requested me 2, at the moment i have listened 2 it twice and to my first reaction is that is not as good as previous albums, also to the person who sent me the message about maidens chart position in the uk chart, get your facts right its at number 18 not 42

Ranko said:
@ Pilau and Genghis Khan - it's most definitely Slovenian (I'm from Croatia, the languages are similar). The quoted above states the following:

SLO Top 30 - The list of best selling albums in Slovenia, from 16 to 22 August 2010.

We know.  That's what I said originally.  (Why is everyone misreading).  :)  ;)

maidenwarrior said:
to the person who sent me the message about maidens chart position in the uk chart, get your facts right its at number 18 not 42
I think the poster who said 42 was answering to your question "can anyone please tell me what position the final frontier will be on this sundays album chart" which you asked a few days ago. Asking people to predict something which they cannot possiby know the answer to days in advance is prepostorous (sp?) and leaves you open to smart-arse answers like the one given. It would have much easier to wait and find out, as you managed to do with some skill.

maidenwarrior said:
I've got it. So, I've got to play the final frontier a thousand times and got to like it because maiden fans have requested me to.  At the moment i have listened to it twice and to my first reaction is that is not as good as previous albums.  

No one asked you to play it a thousand times and to like it.  The request was for you to please work on your typing skills.  Please refer to the Forum Rules about posting here.  Specifically:

Unless otherwise stated, the language of the forums is English.  Posters are expected to write messages that conform to English grammar to the best of their ability.  "133t sp34k" isn't welcome on this forum.  Posters who violate this rule will be subject to the moderation process.

This applies to capitalization and punctuation.

Also, to the person who sent me the message about maidens chart position in the uk chart, get your facts right its at number 18 not 42

As was already stated, ask a question that has no answer, and you will get something like that.  Also, 42 is the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything.  In that regard, it can be accepted as universally correct.

You can read the FAQ here.

Specifically:

Hey, I wanted a serious answer to my post!

This one is not unique to this particular BB, but indeed appears here frequently.
If a question is easily answerable, or not answerable at all (for example asking about future tour dates before they have been announced), some regulars will reply with humourous posts that might even evolve into humourous debates. This is nothing personal against the original poster, just a nudge at the poster telling him that he does not need much effort to find out the answer himself.

steelerbrian said:
.... "The Final Frontier's" worldwide chart success, lifted from the official site, but it's still cool........
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=1253

<UP THE IRONS!!!>
It's still on their site:
Picture1-65.png

No doubt about it, Wasted was a great choice for a moderator.

Aw, shucks :blush:  -Thanks!!

My ban-hammer keeps jumping outta its holster. I keep putting it back, but its hungry. Do you have that problem?

Wasted CLV said:
My ban-hammer keeps jumping outta its holster. I keep putting it back, but its hungry. Do you have that problem?

Yeah, it's an outright bastard. Even when I sleep I can hear it twitch.

Ah! That's what's been keeping me up at night!  Well, I'm just waiting for any reason to swing it!

I think its just fine here, I doubt there will be a big discussion created from that article. I've been sadly ignoring some new threads because its hard to keep up with so many small threads being created for one article/interview or simple observations. This is just a request but could we maybe have one thread made strictly for maiden related articles and interviews like we do for videos?

Anywho in the article it said 800,000 copy's is that just in the US? If so I dont under stand how the "85 million cds to date" stat hasn't changed in over 5 years. I'm glad that Maiden are getting more credit these days for the awesome machine that they are.

Prisoner Of Maiden said:
I think its just fine here, I doubt there will be a big discussion created from that article. I've been sadly ignoring some new threads because its hard to keep up with so many small threads being created for one article/interview or simple observations. This is just a request but could we maybe have one thread made strictly for maiden related articles and interviews like we do for videos?

Anywho in the article it said 800,000 copy's is that just in the US? If so I dont under stand how the "85 million cds to date" stat hasn't changed in over 5 years. I'm glad that Maiden are getting more credit these days for the awesome machine that they are.

The 800,00 refers to the 'shipment' of the album across the Globe (apparently in just the first two weeks of release).  Note, these shipments are not yet sales.

As for the 85 million mark in relation to the bands career album sales, well, it has shown significant growth sine the 2006 press release for AMOLAD.
It appeas that Maiden have close to 2 million back catalogue sales per year. :bigsmile:

Back