1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Final Frontier and Somewhere in Time

Discussion in 'The Final Frontier' started by Forostar, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

Ha forgot about that one.

2. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan Ancient Mariner

I Don't think this has been mentioned.  The artwork.  They're both futuristic.

3. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

That must have been what I meant (I'm currently not near the booklets to check).

Indeed. :)

@Genghis: Yes, and the SIT cover is also one big travel through the past, great cover. I think that the SIT cover fits better to the TFF lyrics than the TFF cover.

@Zare: The real TFF tour still has to start. Who knows they'll indeed mix one or two SIT songs in the set. People can still dream, not?:)

4. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan Ancient Mariner

True.  That would have been a great cover.  Or even a pic of planets like in the booklet, with astronaut Eddie floating is space. 

5. Forostar

This painfully shows the difference between two artists. One of them is a prophetic painter and the other is a comic/cartoon book coverartist.

6. Lib

Lib Ancient Mariner

Somewhere in Time was the longest album of the Vinyl period, and The Final Frontier is the longest one of the CD period.

In both cases, the maximum length of music is recorded on each support...

7. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

This is the fourth album since a change of singer.

8. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

If you divide TFF's running time in seconds with SIT's running time in seconds, you'll get 1.489. 1.489 thousand marks is average debt per capita in Republic Of Srpska entity of Bosnia.
    I don't know if it's relevant, but i think it is, indeed.

9. Invader

Invader Ancient Mariner

Sigged.

10. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Haha thanks mate it's a honour  :D

11. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

they both kick serious ass

12. chaosapiant

chaosapiant Trooper

The beginning harmony on "Man Who Would Be King" sounds like something from Somewhere in Time.  Nothing specific, but the sound of the guitars and "feel' has that spacey/synth feel to it. 

13. Forostar

Some fine contributions. Thanks!

14. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Sorry to bump this but I felt it needed acknowledgement. But has anyone noticed that When The Wild Wind Blows is based on the Briggs film When The Wind Blows, and the guitar solo on the somewhere in time tour, was based on Walking in the Air which was from the film The Snowman. Which was made by Briggs also. I know it's not on the album, but was on the tour so it counts :D

15. Chartwell

Chartwell Trooper

I think SIT was a very prog-type album, similar to TFF, and SIT also inspires incredible passion on both sides (love or hate), much like SIT. Lyrically some of the themes are the same - don't always waste your time with wasted years, it's ok, I've lived my life to the full, I have no regrets.

16. Jupz

Jupz Ancient Mariner

They both have a futuristic theme.

17. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

SIT Eddie doesn't have skin. TFF Eddie is a hideous virus mutant. Due to no skin protecting him, Eddie got a virus. In SSOASS he already started to lose limbs. NPFTD - AMOLAD are not canonical. In TFF the mutation is complete and the virus has grown new mutant legs.

18. Dityn DJ James

Dityn DJ James A coma stole my name.

Vap you just blew my mind

19. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Let me guess, you "didn't inhale"?

20. mtmccox

mtmccox Ancient Mariner

Vap just had some strange Vapors