The Final Frontier-a grower or love at first listen?

a grower or love at first listen?

• I didn't love it at first, but I do now!

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I didn't love it at first, but I do now!

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • First listen and instant love!

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Some songs were instant love and some were growers

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
Well I can't say I love it yet, but I know I will when I figure out what the hell is going on in the last 1/2 of the album...

I agree with the above. The shorter tracks in particular were great with their first listen, whilst the longer tracks took 3-4 listens to really show their true form.

4th option

TMWWBK & TA took me awhile to get into, but it was worth while  :bigsmile:

Even if they are my 2 least favorite songs from TFF, I love them  :yey:

In fact, I love every TFF track!

It's a good album for me after 2-3 listenings. But I predict it will be a great album for me after 8-9 listenings. "Great" will be the peak of this album.

I loved it instantly, the first song I listened to was The Man Who Would Be King and I was blown away.

maidenhead1996 said:
It's a good album for me after 3-4 listenings. But I predict it will be a great album for me after 8-9 listenings. "Great" will be the peak of this album.

I listened the whole album after that post 5 times. I will say it's best album of 2000's Iron Maiden. That reach the great level and passed it. That's an "amazing" album.

Instantly loved a lot of the songs, despite how different a lot of it felt at first. There were maybe 3 songs I didn't love after the first day. After the second day, I had cut it down to TMWWBK and IOA, and after the third day, I loved it all.

In a week or two, I should know if I prefer it over AMOLAD or not (which was all completely insta-love for me, personally).

Most songs didn't hit me first, except a few parts that just made me go "what" or "wow".  The Talisman and the title track I liked at first listen, the rest are steadily growing. 

I was blown away. From Mother of Mercy in I was enthralled. Amazingly, the more I listen to it the more I love it. So much depth.

Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home and WTWWB were love at first listen.
The rest still have to grow on me.

Back