The Concert Thread

That's pretty small. In January I saw them in the Brixton Academy which has a 4900 capacity but I have seen them in 600 capacity venues before.
It was much smaller than they are able to play, their stage show was very much shrunk. But the energy was unbelievable.

Sabaton like playing small venues. In November/December 2014 they played a bunch of club shows to venues of about 600 capacity, then in January they played the Kentish Town Forum which has a 2500 capacity. Their most recent tour was all venues with capacities greater than 1000.

I'm seeing them tomorrow in a max 1500 venue that I've never been to, fingers crossed. Last time I saw them in a place that big was an amazing show (last year's "c0-headlining" tour w/ Trivium) and it was only about half full.

Last Thursday I saw Thrice again, a "Post-Hardcore" band who I started listening to as a teenager and stuck with them over the years. It was the third time I've seen them (so I can say I've seen Thrice thrice) and I was on the barrier for the third time. I also managed to get the setlist. :D It was a cool show with a good mix of old songs and the more mellow new songs.

Next up...

Iron Maiden

Dublin

Saturday

Mayden part 1

I've just discovered Katatonia are playing in Leeds on Sunday. I could fit in another gig, I suppose, call it a warm up for Maiden on Thursday.

My updated list..

- Tool 6/17/17 George, WA
- Iron Maiden 7/3/17 Las Vegas, NV
- Metallica 8/9/17 Seattle, WA
- The Scorpions and Megadeth 9/29/17 Spokane, WA

I have quite the lineup this year.. Hopefully DT announces some tour dates soon. Also Alice Cooper and Sammy Hagar are coming the the place I work, but I won't be able to get the dates off.

I've just bought a ticket for Bloodstock festival. Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, Testament, Megadeth, Kreator, Hatebreed etc. :rocker:

That's the 11th to 13th of August, but before that I'll be seeing Iron Maiden three times this month and Bad Religion at the start of August. What ever will I do in June and July? :eek:

2017-05 Iron Maiden
2017-06 Midnight Oil
2017-07 McCoy Tyner / Wayne Shorter / Tomasz Stańko / Enrico Rava
2017-09 Ayreon
2017-09 Ennio Morricone

Last edited:
Back