1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Concert Thread

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by SomewhereInTime84, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Bad Religion? Nice.

2. EddiesMum

EddiesMum Prowler

Just got back from Ghosts' first show of the tour. This was my first time seeing them and people aren't kidding when they say Ghost puts on a good show. Initially I was a bit worried their whole "gimmick" would wear thin after a few songs, but they pull it off. It'll be interesting to get back to the states and see them open up for Maiden this summer.

3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Yea DT are currently in their iPad era. :D

4. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

On the way home from Amorphis in a Chicago...they were amazing! Great musicianship, they kept the ball rolling, and they sounded fantastic.

More in the Amorphis thread!

Brigantium likes this.
  5. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

6. THESEVENTHMARINER

THESEVENTHMARINER Ancient Mariner

I still have nightmares about that weekend.

7. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

That's grim.

8. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Soon on the way to Ijuuuurrrrrn Maiden! :shred:

9. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

Dream Theater were pretty good in Cardiff last night! They made up for the disappointment of 'The Astonishing' by performing 'Images and Words' in full. This was the rest of the setlist. That ending! The mix of songs was nice and James Labrie was having a good chat with the audience, telling us that they didn't actually have a contract with the record label until they'd finished recording 'Images and Words'. He also said that when they first played in Cardiff in 1993 he got lost and asked someone for directions, telling the man "This is my first time in England" to which the reply was "Well that's your first fucking problem, you're not in England". :lol: The stage was a bit bare though. If you're playing arenas then it would be nice to decorate the stage a bit, especially since JP and JM don't really do moving. I'm not asking for a Maiden-style stage, but on recent tours Dream Theater have had a big screen with some funny animation during some of the songs. Last night they just had a drab backdrop with some lighting projected onto it. The stage isn't really the important thing of course, and they have good enough music anyway. I really think their live show has been an awful lot better since Mike Portnoy left the band too.

This is my current schedule:

27/04 Thrice, London
    06/05 Iron Maiden, Dublin
    16/05 Iron Maiden, Glasgow
    21/05 Iron Maiden, Birmingham
    27/05 Iron Maiden, London
    01/08 Bad Religion, London
    11/08-13/08 Bloodstock Festival
    27/08 Muse, Reading Festival
    24/10 Metallica, London
    01/11 Delain, London
    14/11 Helloween, London

There's also a chance I might get to see Epica again at the end of the year as they've announced some more European dates with more to come. I've also already seen a spoiler for Iron Maiden's setlist. :mad:

MrKnickerbocker likes this.