1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Concert Thread

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by SomewhereInTime84, Oct 7, 2014.

1. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

I don't care who either of these guys are, I'm just on here for the banter.

terrell39 likes this.
  2. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

I guess I wanted to show that I find him very unknown, despite his 2000th gig. And I still don't mind @THESEVENTHMARINER sharing more about his music.

Martin Turner on the other hand. A legend.

3. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

I've just bought a ticket for Sabaton in London next weekend. One of my friends is going so it'll be cool to catch up and Sabaton are best enjoyed with beer and good company.

Brigantium likes this.
  4. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I'm seeing them on Friday.

5. Black Wizard

6. THESEVENTHMARINER

THESEVENTHMARINER Ancient Mariner

I was looking forward to seeing Sabaton on Friday, but then I saw the forecast. Heavy snow all Thursday night...

Please don't block the roads...Please don't block the roads...

7. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Might be seeing Sabaton with Accept in March. Nothing's decided yet though, so we'll see.

8. Brigantium

Perfect weather for tanks.

9. THESEVENTHMARINER

Thankfully no tanks were required, and I got there in one piece! And what a fine gig it was!

MrKnickerbocker and Brigantium like this.
  10. Black Wizard

The sound at Brixton Academy was glorious. Does the Manchester venue often have problems with sound?

11. Brigantium

I've only been there once before. It's not in the city centre, though, so maybe it has sound limitation rules on it. In case it disturbs anyone in the nearby car park, on the main road, in the excessively small and worn looking pub next door, or in the boarded up factory along the street.

I forgot to mention: I saw the tall Steve Harris lookalike on Friday. I used to regularly spot him at a variety of rock and metal gigs in Leeds and Manchester, but he was conspicuously missing from Amon Amarth in November and Amorphis earlier last year. I nearly crashed into him on the way to the loos.

12. Black Wizard

There are houses near Brixton Academy but no there were no problems with the sound.

13. Brigantium

I didn't really notice a problem with sound, except for half of the crowd not paying much attention to the band and talking very loudly.

14. Black Wizard

The guy in front of my didn't seem to be having a good time. During one particularly well known song everyone around him was jumping but he just stood still.

15. THESEVENTHMARINER

I found the volume levels in Manchester just a tad too low for my liking.

16. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Going to see Udo tonight! First Texas performance since he left Accept (that I know of)

17. Black Wizard

I just bought a ticket to see Thrice again, in Camden at the end of April.

This year is looking busy already...

3/02 Epica/Powerwolf/Beyond the Black, Shepherd's Bush Empire
    10/02 Anthrax/The Raven Age, Kentish Town Forum
    19/02 Firewind, Camden Underworld
    2/03 Kreator/Sepultura, Kentish Town Forum
    11/03 Gojira, O2 Academy Birmingham
    22/03 Devilskin, Camden Underworld
    22/04 Dream Theater, Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
    27/04 Thrice, Camden KOKO
    06/05 Iron Maiden, Dublin
    16/05 Iron Maiden, Glasgow
    21/05 Iron Maiden, Birmingham
    27/05 Iron Maiden, O2 Arena
    11/08-13/08 Bloodstock Festival
    14/11 Helloween, O2 Brixton Academy

The ones in italics are the ones I'm thinking about/haven't bough tickets for yet.

18. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Udo was so much better than I expected. Every member of his band surpassed my expectations. Very talented. LONG set! So many of those songs from 83-85 I have not heard in a long time and they brought back great memories. It was also the first time in many years me and my 3 best buds from school have been in the same car together to and from the show. Great time! BTW, Udo's son is the drummer!

I saw Accept live four years ago and Mark did a great job but experiencing these songs live with the master himself (Udo) singing, makes all the difference.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/udo-dirkschneider/2017/scout-bar-houston-tx-13f8d181.html

19. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

It's just hard to find good metal acts here.

April 25: Sabaton, Montreal
    May 27: Iron Maiden, London
    May 28: Iron Maiden, London
    June 15: Iron Maiden, Chicago
    July 15: Iron Maiden, Toronto

That's how mine looks :D

20. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Went to see Sabbath in Dublin the other night. It was the first time I ever sat at a gig. It will be a long time before I ever do it again. They seemed to play fine and overall I had a good night but sitting sucks balls, I felt detached from proceedings, like watching sport on tv with the volume off.

Next up, Blaze.