1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Clairvoyant

Discussion in 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is The Clairvoyant on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

29.7%
  2. 9

21.6%
  3. 8

32.4%
  4. 7

13.5%
  5. 6

2.7%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

A very good song, with a killer chorus. But I feel some of the transitions are a bit abrupt, so will only give this
    8/10

2. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

10/10

Steve kicks off The Clairvoyant with a classic Maiden bass line, leading into a crunching riff and the central guitar melody. It never does what you expect and changes rhythm at every turn, thanks in no small part to the dynamic drumming of McBrain. The verses hit a staccato stride that should in no way meld with the anthemic gallop of the chorus (probably the best on the album), but Harris weaves it all together with ease.

3. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I never liked this song much from the first time I heard it, all those years ago, but hearing it live made it a little more impressive to me. Steve is definitely a monster on this track. 8/10.

4. I loved this song from the first time I heard it all those years ago. It still is every bit as magical for me now as it was back then. In my Maiden top 10, (although, I have too many top 10 tracks for it to be a top 10 list, probably more a top 25 or something, but you get my drift). I love the atmosphere, and the beautiful vocal melody lines. IT is one of the tracks where I feel the magic is in the verses and the lyrics, not in the chorus, which is good, but far from their best chorus. I also love the beautiful harmonies between verse/chorus (although I believe Dave's part is played almost like a disharmony, which only adds to the effect). H also has some great rhytm figures throughout the verses, which sits so perfect with Dave's power chords. THen Dave's solo.... just eye-watering.

5. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

<3

leads

rhythm guitar

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  6. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

This is an interesting song for me because it's rare case where the most interesting thing for me is the vocals. The instrumental music works great but there is not a lot to it. I like the twin harmonies in between the verses and the solos are, as always, awesome, but that's about it in the instrumental department. Bruce's vocals are awesome though. The lyrics, the melodies, his delivery, it's all there. The music, while not amazing on its own, at least provides a solid foundation under the vocals. Solid tune.

7. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

Bass and guitar lines and riffs are superb in this song. I love the way the intro buildsinto the main guitar melody too. The quick transition into the chorus is fine in my book and it's a decent if not brilliant chorus.

Gets slightly repetitive by the end though.