The Chemical Wedding

A

Anonymous

Dear maiden fans,

I recently found out that Bruce wrote a script for a movie called The Chemical Wedding "alchemy", they commenced it in 2000-01. i got this article from MTV, and heres a piece of it;
'The film, "The Chemical Wedding," shares its title with Dickinson's 1998 solo album, and it hosts related themes of alchemy and the occult.

The script, which was first conceived in the early 1990s by Dickinson, is a light fantasy revolving around turn-of-the-century poet and occult aficionado Alistair Crowley, who is conjured up in the story. (Dickinson's "Wedding" album featured the poetry of William Blake, which was read between tracks by '60s legend Arthur "Fire" Brown.)'

Articles at [a href=\'http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1430363/20001009/story.jhtml\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1430363/2...009/story.jhtml[/a]

Has anyone heard or read anything about its time of release??
"I hope it hasnt been axed"
Do u ppl know who is alistair crowley is? i m thinking its not a fictional story, so should b a 'must see'

Aleister Crowley was a man alive at the turn of the century who believed he was the Beast of Revelations. He's a very interesting person to research.

The name rings a bell, also i'm just posting cause this was WAY at the bottom of the pile and wanted to get it up again! BUAHAHAHAHAHA

Crowley has a few interesting connections to rock music. Of course, there's the great Ozzy song "Mr. Crowley", which has my personal favorite Randy Rhoads guitar solo. Also, Led Zeppelin recorded their legendary fourth album, including Stairway To Heaven, in Crowley's old mansion, where Jimmy Page was living at the time. The massive drum sound on "Where The Levee Breaks" was achieved by setting up the drums in the foyer and taking advantage of the natural echo.

Anybody got more?

Take When The Levee Breaks on LP, speed it up to 45 RPM and you get a classic hip hop beat. Coldcut first used it in 1987 on Beats & Pieces and it's become a really used beat now! Just a bit of trivia.

Eagles Hotel California --- regards to the Crowley mansion

Slayer cant remember the song

And also another of Bruse's song- man of Sorrows

Crowley thought he was the Beast in Revelations - whoops - he was wrong. He died. Now he's being tormented everyday in Hell.

Boy, I wish I could be like him...NOT.

Do a bit more research on him before making such comments. On one hand who was stupid because of the way he acted, but he was also a genius in the way he believed that. He didn't just say it, he acted it. He ate feaces, he drank blood, he performed original devil worship rituals in their proper locations. He was crazy but he was also extremely clever and learned. If anyone is the Beast, it is him!

As I say, he's extremely clever and interesting. Basing your opinion on that one fact is the same as the metal is Satanic theory.

Back