THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

I enjoy it more than 'Blood Brothers' to be honest.
So, the first time I ever heard Wrathchild was actually in concert, and I really enjoy it. :bigsmile:
Wrathchild is a great song. That bassline is Killer!
sign0101.gif

However, the same songs keep ending up on live album after live album. Even a "rare gem" like Children of the Damned is making its third appearance on a live album.
There are six songs never before released live on this album. And it's the first version of COTD with this lineup. That's not bad IMO.

I think that TOAC could still be included. If I was the managment, I would release a seccond disc with a few bonus songs, something like:

1. Different World (Live at Download 2007)
2. The Prisoner (Live Rock In Rio 2013)
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (Live at Download 2007)
4. Tears Of A Clown (Live somewhere 2016)
5. Afraid To Shoot Strangers (Live Rock In Rio 2013)
6. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Live at Download 2007)

7. Band interviews about The Book Of Souls World Tour (TFF Mission Debrief style)

If they did it that way, they would stil have the argument, that they used 2017 set as the basis, but wanted to include some of the previously unreleased live cuts.

Pity about no TOAC , but it's still on my must-buy list.

If I were the management, I would release a second disc with a few bonus songs

Tbh, you could probably make an entire double live album out of odds-and-sods live cuts, right back to stuff from 1999.

As a bonus and to repay a bit of cardinal sin that is: no AMLOAD professionally recorded songs are released.
Yeah, I have always found it interesting that they were so proud of AMLOAD (and I love it, too) they played the album in it's entirety yet there was no live release....

Oh, it might help if I took the time to read all of the details. If I had done so, I would see that a video is in fact going to be released as a digital download which is much better than audio only which is what I was thinking when I made my post above.

Yeah, I have always found it interesting that they were so proud of AMLOAD (and I love it, too) they played the album in it's entirety yet there was no live release....

The planned to release a live recording at some point (Steve Harris can be seen working on this with Kevin Shirley in 2008 on Flight 666), but as in those days Steve was working at a snail's pace on Maiden live releases (think about the time it took them to release Rock in Rio and Death on the Road), Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen were able to finish Flight 666 before him and the release of the documentary killed the momentum for a live release from the 2006/2007 tour.

Please tell me it has another live version of Fear OfThe Dark?

Edit

Unless less it's a DVD count me firmly out. Visually it was a great show, what's the problem here?

The planned to release a live recording at some point (Steve Harris can be seen working on this with Kevin Shirley in 2008 on Flight 666), but as in those days Steve was working at a snail's pace on Maiden live releases (think about the time it took them to release Rock in Rio and Death on the Road), Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen were able to finish Flight 666 before him and the release of the documentary killed the momentum for a live release from the 2006/2007 tour.

I believe they had Donington 2007 earmarked for it, but the gig wasn't great. I wasn't there and didn't see the web broadcast at the time, but my memory of reading on forums at the time was they fucked up These Colours Don't Run and Bruce fell on his arse at some point too.

I believe they had Donington 2007 earmarked for it, but the gig wasn't great. I wasn't there and didn't see the web broadcast at the time, but my memory of reading on forums at the time was they fucked up These Colours Don't Run and Bruce fell on his arse at some point too.

Yes. I think the idea was to use Donington 2007 (average gig for Maiden standards, with some technical issues too, like the intro tape for The Number of the Beast not working) and include the other songs off AMOLAD not played in 2007 as bonus tracks (one of the songs that Steve and Kevin are mixing in Flight 666 is The Longest Day).

Yeah it would have been a disappointment if they released something from the second leg, the first leg was unique* and that's what should have been documented.

* I'm not sure I liked hearing the album in full, any album. I found it took the element of surprise out of the gig, you knew what was coming next for the next 70 mins. So hopefully it was a one off for Maiden. I wouldn't onject to them playing all of an album live again, just not in the same running order as the CD.

Yeah it would have been a disappointment if they released something from the second leg, the first leg was unique* and that's what should have been documented.

* I'm not sure I liked hearing the album in full, any album. I found it took the element of surprise out of the gig, you knew what was coming next for the next 70 mins. So hopefully it was a one off for Maiden. I wouldn't onject to them playing all of an album live again, just not in the same running order as the CD.

I loved hearing the album in full and the gigs I attended (both at Earls Court in London) are some of the best Maiden gigs I have ever been to (31 in total since 1996). Meeting Bruce by pure chance in London on the day of the first gig was a nice bonus. :lol:

Yes. I think the idea was to use Donington 2007 (average gig for Maiden standards, with some technical issues too, like the intro tape for The Number of the Beast not working) and include the other songs off AMOLAD not played in 2007 as bonus tracks (one of the songs that Steve and Kevin are mixing in Flight 666 is The Longest Day).
I think Shirley even finished the mix, it was on his site for a while. Which sort of makes it even worse they never released it, since the version on YouTube is low quality and we of course don't have any high quality versions of the first leg's set. Here's hoping they'll put it out down the line once they call it quits or something.

I'm also wondering what happened with Maiden England. It seemed like an obvious release to do and there's a few songs that have been professionally mixed on YouTube from a 2013 gig too. Did they just run out of time to finish it because of the 2014 leg and the TBoS sessions starting immediately after?

I think Shirley even finished the mix, it was on his site for a while. Which sort of makes it even worse they never released it, since the version on YouTube is low quality and we of course don't have any high quality versions of the first leg's set. Here's hoping they'll put it out down the line once they call it quits or something.

There is a nice bootleg from Stockholm (radio broadcast). The mix could be better, but it is a cracking gig. They were on fire!

Back