The Best Chorus in Metal?

I don't feel strongly one way or the other toward Sabaton. They aren't great but they also aren't nearly as bad as people here are saying. They're a pretty harmless, occasionally fun metal band. They're like the Metal equivalent of a Britney Spears or Taylor Swift type of deal. Nothing special or original or even genuine, but still fun.

Feel bad for people who don't get Sabaton. The joy is in their hokeyness. Anyway, neither here nor there.

Stargazer is fantastic, and it has just everything you want in a metal chorus.

Blind Guardian has great choruses too - The Ninth Wave off the new album has a monster chorus. I'm also a huge fan of the chorus to Mirror, Mirror.

When it comes to Maiden, I rather love Aces High. Short, succinct, crisp.

Twilight of the Gods is another good one from the new BG. Also seconding whoever brought up Nightfall.

whoever brought up Nightfall.
That was me, and as I think about it more, I might even be leaning toward Nightfall, though Sacred Worlds is still awesome, as are the other BG songs suggested. Good to see the love for Blind Guardian here in any event. Their choruses really are what set them apart. The Scorpions have some good choruses too. Maybe it's the German beer hall sing-along tradition.

I love Stargazer too, one of the greatest hard rock/metal performances of all time. I always thought of that as a song without a traditional chorus, though the "where is your star?" theme does repeat a couple of times, I assume that's what people are referring to.

Maybe turn this into a game/poll? I'd do it, but I don't know (or recall) how.

I guess many people won't agree with me on this one, but I don't think it gets any better than Aerials from System of a Down. :okok:

Some of my favourites (not including Maiden):

Symphony X - Of Sins And Shadows

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Pagan's Mind - Supremacy, Our Kind

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming

Rhapsody Of Fire - Emerald Sword

Shadows Fall - What Drives The Weak

Dream Theater - Endless Sacrifice

Black Label Society - Stillborn

Metallica - Master Of Puppets

Nevermore - We Disintegrate

Kamelot - Center Of The Universe

Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror

Pantera - Yesterday Don't Mean Shit

In Flames - Trigger

Soilwork - Distrotion Sleep

This is basically impossible I think. I listen to power metal, that genre alone have literally thousands of songs with great choruses. Rhapsody (of fire), blind guardian, helloween, they have all brilliant choruses.

A few I remember from my head with the best choruses:

Kamelot - Forever
Helloween - Just a little sign
Stratovarius - Black diamond
Running wild - Treasure island
Edguy - Babylon

Also pop music is made by choruses, lots of rock to. Even Manowar have a few good ones

Back