The Best Chorus in Metal?

SirRobbins

Ancient Mariner
What do you think is worthy of being crowned the best Chorus in the world of metal? A compilation of guitar work, vocals and possibly masterful lyrics... This is my vote here. Would love to see others.. Hard to beat this IMO though

"'Powerslave", lyrically, is probably my favorite Maiden chorus. Musically, "Sea of Madness" has a special place in my book.

Aside from Maiden "The Sentinel" by Priest is a great one that came to my head straight away. Let's go with that one.

Out of the 'new ones' it's The Book of Souls. But picking something like the best chorus ever is impossible... I could probably name about 20 best Maiden choruses.

I like Maiden stuff like Judas By My Guide, Only the Good Die Young, and Sea of Madness (as Flash says).

Best Metal chorus ever is tough, not sure I'd know where to start. Some of Brucie's solo work would probably be up there: Roy's guitar work + Bruce's singing + Bruce's lyrics. The combination is pretty special i.e.
A compilation of guitar work, vocals and possibly masterful lyrics...

Book of Souls in general has a lot of good choruses. Maiden tends to be a bit iffy on their choruses, but I can't really think of any that don't deliver on TBOS.

Ghost of the Navigator has a fantastic chorus as well, probably a candidate for the best Maiden chorus.

Bruce's solo work indeed does have some amazing choruses. Man of Sorrows has a spine chilling chorus.

It's still new, but If Eternity Should Fail has a pretty epic chorus.

Highlight of the album for me.

Sea of Madness, seriously? :p To me it's pretty tiring and uninteresting compared to some magnificent choruses on SiT (like WY or CSiT). The best part of SoM is from the beginning of the solo to where the main riff returns. Oh, and the ending is cool too. The verse and the chorus are probably my least favourite moments on SiT...

Stargazes, SoM and IESF are definetely top class.
But the best one ever;

Wasted Years is the best Maiden chorus. But Blind Guardian has the best choruses in metal. Tough to choose amongst Nightfall, Valhalla, Time Stands Still, Sacred Worlds, and others. I'll cast my vote with Sacred Worlds, though Nightfall is a close second.

Back