The Beckett Connection

Anyway I think Quinn was robbed and should get half of what Barton got. But McKay seems like a dickhead. I hope Maiden sues that c**t to bankrupcy.
I'm not sure if he was "robbed" because even McKay is happy to admit that "Brian has never earned a penny from writing 'Life's Shadow'". So by this account Beckett weren't paying him either. And he must have known about that at the time, but apparently it didn't bother him then.

On Iron Maiden he wrote everything except Running Free, Sanctuary and Remember Tomorrow on his own.

Dennis Willcock probably.

Playing devils advocate, I think there's lyrics on the first two albums that are more similar to charlottes style than they are to lyrics we know were written by Steve at a later date. Prowler and Drifter are ones that don't seem like Steve lyrics to me.

Also Paul Day wrote Strange World and they are nothing like anything else from Maiden.

Playing devils advocate, I think there's lyrics on the first two albums that are more similar to charlottes style than they are to lyrics we know were written by Steve at a later date. Prowler and Drifter are ones that don't seem like Steve lyrics to me.

Also Paul Day wrote Strange World and they are nothing like anything else from Maiden.

Yup, lyrics for Prowler, Phantom, Charlotte and Transylvania (before they were dropped and the track became an instrumental) are by Dennis W. Dunno about Drifter.

Steve Harris is quoted as saying "The initial idea was for it to have lyrics. It originally had a melody line for the vocal, but when we played it, it sounded so good as an instrumental that we never bothered to write lyrics for it" at http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com...tary01_ironmaiden&lang=eng&link=albums#track6
Well I wasn't there Wiz, so there's no way for me to know exactly what happened. One could say this supports Dennis' claim, I mean the "initial idea" might have been one or more gigs before lyrics were dropped. I'm just sharing what I've read.

I know, I know. Let's say that there were lyrics for 'Transylvania', they were probably stolen from Beckett and Steve realized it was too obvious (and then made it into 'Hallowed be thy Name').

Usual source, https://www.facebook.com/pg/Maiden77-341144199371675/posts/?ref=page_internal, post dated 31 October 2016, with the following comment on 4 November 2016: "Den said they dropped the lyrics because of the pace of the song and that it gave him a chance to catch his breath during the set when it became an instrumental"

Think Nicko refers to the lyrics in one of the listen with Nickos as well

EDIT: I might be getting confused with something else here, as theres no reason why he'd be talking about Translyvania on a listen with nicko

I'll check it nevertheless because he'd be talking about practically anything on a Listen with Nicko

Back