Talking Maiden: The Podcast of the Beast

Oh yea big time. Josh and Nesbit. Love these dudes. A great listen! Up the irons…down the hops!!

I love it. one of the VERY FEW podcast I can listen over and over again. As a matter of fact, when I was reviewing the final version of my book (they did a review on my ebook when it was still available
) I went back and listened to the episodes covering the early days of the band to make sure I corrected or added info about those days in my book.
Anyone else listening to the Talking Maiden podcast? The guys recently returned after a 2 year abstense. When the guys discuss the albums the episodes usually clock in at around 3-4 hours. Great show!

I love it. one of the VERY FEW podcast I can listen over and over again. As a matter of fact, when I was reviewing the final version of my book (they did a review on my ebook when it was still available
) I went back and listened to the episodes covering the early days of the band to make sure I corrected or added info about those days in my book.
Yeah those early days episodes were great!

I’ve tried listening a few times and whilst I think it’s one of the better Maiden podcasts around I find something slightly irritating about the guys.

They seem nice enough and fairly knowledgable however they also sound a bit condescending at times. They talk as if their audience doesn’t know a single thing about the band yet most people listening are likely to be big fans and know a lot about the band so they end up spending too much time talking about certain things and details that they don’t need too.

When I listen to a maiden podcast I’m not looking for info or facts I’m just interested in someone else’s opinion an an album/song/era etc.

Last edited:
I’ve tried listening a few times and whilst I think it’s one of the better Maiden podcasts around I find something slightly irritating about the guys.

They seem nice enough and fairly knowledgable however they also sound a bit condescending at times. They talk as if their audience doesn’t know a single thing about the band yet most people listening are likely to be big fans and know a lot about the band so they end up spending too much time talking about certain things and details that they don’t need too.

When I listen to a maiden podcast I’m not looking for info or facts I’m just interested in someone else’s opinion an an album/sing/era etc.
Interesting take here mate.

I think Nesbit is fairly knowledgable as you say, Josh not so much but that's ok because it helps with the flow of the conversation. About sounding condescending at times.... Hmmmm maybe you're right. Now, I know a good portion of their audience and you'll be surprised about how much they actually know, hell, even I get surprised about how little a good mayority of Maiden's fan base actually know about the band which is the reason a certain "famous" author has gotten away selling his views and theories.

What I do like about this podcast is precisely that's not basically someone else's opinion but somewhat real facts about the music and theories, but I do get what you say also and I just love how you presented your opinion.

Interesting take here mate.

I think Nesbit is fairly knowledgable as you say, Josh not so much but that's ok because it helps with the flow of the conversation. About sounding condescending at times.... Hmmmm maybe you're right. Now, I know a good portion of their audience and you'll be surprised about how much they actually know, hell, even I get surprised about how little a good mayority of Maiden's fan base actually know about the band which is the reason a certain "famous" author has gotten away selling his views and theories.

What I do like about this podcast is precisely that's not basically someone else's opinion but somewhat real facts about the music and theories, but I do get what you say also and I just love how you presented your opinion.
Are you referring to Mick Wall? If that is the case, his version of the official history (hagiography more than anything else) is just the one Steve and Rod wanted published.

Back