Talescape (project by Forostar a.o.)

Hmm at the moment this sounds abracadabra to me, but I'll let this read to my friend.
I am not sure if we'll change our way of working because what we do is already quite time consuming.

Still, I appreciate the tip man! 

(also the one I got from Yax via pm)

:ok:

Re: Talescape (project by Forostar a.o.) - new song

Talescape update.

In 2009 we started with our 2nd (yet untitled) project and recorded its first part. Since I have way less time to be busy with this, we decided to upload separate tracks (though it's again a concept) instead of uploading the stuff when the whole project is finished.

I'm very happy with the addition of Victor John on lead guitar.

The first chapter is called "The Final Frontier", "Revel in Greatness".
:)

Here is the text:

Chapter I: Revel In Greatness
"Without struggle there is no progress...
thus in times of war we grow beyond our self-imposed limitations."

Ours was a proud people, we had no equal. For thousands of years we
improved upon ourselves and evolved until finally we achieved utopia.

In the past we had met other civilizations, but they presented no challenge or
new insights. So we subdued or crushed them, simply because their growth
was on a similar but slower path than our own.

We expanded our influence to the farthest reaches of our known world,
and before long we could see the day that we would reach the extent of
our capacity for greatness.

And we revelled in our greatness... for too long; for our arrogance brought stagnation.

and here is the link to the music: http://www.myspace.com/talescape

Cheers!

"Without struggle there is no progress...
thus in times of war we grow beyond our self-imposed limitations."

What is this quote ??  :)

That's the same question I asked when my friend showed me this stuff. I actually had to look it up myself, I don't have the idea that he intentionally took it, realizing who said this.

"Without struggle, there is no progress" is a famous quote by Frederick Douglass.

Just listened to the new song! It's good stuff through and through but I really wish you had someone playing bass...  :(

Thanks!

I think about a bass too once in a while. Certain parts certainly would be enriched. But others are quite heavy enough and then I forget about it. Maybe I'll buy a bass myself one day, or ask someone.

Currently we're trying a new drum sound, before creating the next chapter.

Forostar said:
Thanks!

I think about a bass too once in a while. Certain parts certainly would be enriched. But others are quite heavy enough and then I forget about it. Maybe I'll buy a bass myself one day, or ask someone.

Currently we're trying a new drum sound, before creating the next chapter.
I think every part would be enriched (well, maybe some of the acoustic-ish parts would do better without bass) so it's definitely something to think about!

You're thinking about running it through a sequenser like Zhare and I suggested or do yu have some other idea about the drums?  :)

To be honest, not yet, just replacing some sounds, for the moment, and we can add effects to change things. But I still have your pm because we ought to give it a chance, if not satisfied with our own developments.

Sound is important, I can be quite a perfectionist. I wish I had a much better synth, I wish I had a bass (I wish I could play it), I wish I was a better guitar player, I wish I had a super drumkit, I wish I had deaf neighbours...  :D

I appreciate the comments for how everything should sound (the surface / the tools), but I concentrate more on melody and atmosphere, the songs themselves (the substance / the ideas).

After a long break we've finally continued working on a song again. I can't show anything yet (it isn't finished) but I do want to tell that I'm happy with the way things are going. We started working with Mendelt, a friend who was the vocalist in my band in 1996-2000. No melodic singer but his grunts/screams fit well and gives a nice evil edge to it all. Extra bonus: he plays bass guitar as well.  :)

Wow, I missed this topic completely somehow.  At least your post with the Myspace link was during my military service, but I don't remember reading even the first post though I was certainly active then.  So, I'm quite late, but great stuff. :ok:

Back