SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2013: Results -> Inferno (Unleash The Fire) wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
SURVIVOR_RULES_003.jpg

All studio albums are included. There's a bonus track on The Odyssey, called Frontiers, which is also included in the game. Edition of the album Iconoclast included in this game is the 2 CD limited edition with 12 songs.

We start off with first 2 albums - Symphony X and The Damnation Game.

Last edited:
Into the Dementia
Taunting the Notorious
Thorns of Sorrow

It's so funny to listen to SX and Damnation back-to-back because Damnation wipes the floor with it.

I actually haven't heard the debut with vocals until now. Just the Romeo demos that evolved into the debut material. KDH is right, Damnation wipes the floor with it in every regard. Song writing, performance, production, Russell. First album also only has small moments where it sounds like the SX we know and love.

Am I right in thinking that The Edge Of Forever sounds a ton like the Accolades?

Into The Dementia
Absinthe
Taunting The Notorious

The melody at 1:03. It's in both Accolades. There are other parts too, but that one is the most obvious. I guess as a whole it sounds like a prequel.

I am familiar with only one album (Iconoclast, on the headphones as I type).
Looking forward to a top 10 as an intro into the rest of the band's discography.

I'd say just listen to The Odyssey. It's their turning point from neo-classical style prog to pure metal. So you get something in between. Plus it's easily their best album.

Everything from the debut except two best songs:
Taunting The Notorious and Thorns Of Sorrow

The first three songs (not counting the intro) are pretty good.

Raging Season is great. Lesson Before Dying is okay.I don't really like the slower parts.

SURVIVOR_RULES_003.jpg

Eliminated:
Into The Dementia - 4 votes
Absinthe & Rue - 3 votes
Taunting The Notorious - 3 votes

Last edited:
SURVIVOR_RULES_003.jpg

Eliminated:
Premonition - 2 votes
Shades Of Grey - 2 votes
Rapture Or Pain - 2 votes
Thorns Of Sorrow - 2 votes