GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
That's fine I guess @MrKnickerbocker We can get some discussions going at the same time. Savatage has a lot of awesome musicianship and are within the realm of progressive metal as well. So is Nevermore but they're a lot heavier..

I don't think that's true at all. Mercyful Fate released the two NWOBHM inspired albums Melissa and Don't Break The Oath in the early 80s. Both classic albums. King Diamond doesn't have any albums that rivals the status of those two...But there's a lot more stuff going on in the King Diamond albums. More progressive, more melodic and of course the whole theater feel to them.....Check out albums such as Them, Abigail or The Conspiracy.....And KD has Andy LaRocque on guitar ;)

I know, I know... It's just that I really loved both Melissa and Oath and his voice took a worse turn in his solo career as far as I'm concerned... It was tolerable on those two, but Abigail is a fucking Smurf record :D I'll still try it out if we'll have the Survivor, though...

I think that will be the biggest obstacle for most...His vocals. But who knows in a survivor they might actually get used to his vocals after listening to more than just a few songs...

The music is top notch for sure. Some of the best heavy metal as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe start with MF and continue if there's interest? I'm fine with either, both MF and KD albums I've tried sounded similar enough.

I find the King Diamond catalog much more interesting. Also more consistent. After Mercyful Fate released their first two albums they had an almost 10 year long break before coming back with their third album. But if people are more interested in MF we can do that, it's still great albums.

I don't mind, really. If Sixes says KD is more worth it, I say let's do that one. I'll try not to count the amount of helium he inhaled during the recording of Abigail and not to run to the jacks all the time and everything's gonna be alright :D

I would only host King Diamond with or without Mercyful Fate. Just MF doesn't interest me since KD is much better. 19 albums is a lot but KD/MF 19 albums is about the same as Dream Theater's 13 albums in terms of length. KD/MF only have two albums longer than 55 minutes or so. Dream Theater only has two that are shorter than 1h, I estimate their average length is about 75 minutes. At least 2/3 of KD/MF discography is unknown to me so we could count it as a n00bvivor.

Apart from few classic songs I didn't actively listen to Savatage since the last Survivor 5-ish years ago, so that one too I could count as a n00bvivor.

I'm kinda swamped with games at the moment, so both would have to wait.

I would only host King Diamond with or without Mercyful Fate. Just MF doesn't interest me since KD is much better. 19 albums is a lot but KD/MF 19 albums is about the same as Dream Theater's 13 albums in terms of length. KD/MF only have two albums longer than 55 minutes or so. Dream Theater only has two that are shorter than 1h, I estimate their average length is about 75 minutes. At least 2/3 of KD/MF discography is unknown to me so we could count it as a n00bvivor.

Apart from few classic songs I didn't actively listen to Savatage since the last Survivor 5-ish years ago, so that one too I could count as a n00bvivor.

I'm kinda swamped with games at the moment, so both would have to wait.

Not sure where to put this. But I'll post it here since it might gain even more excitement for a possible King Diamond survivor....

This was totally new to me, discovered by a random YT search..but Andy LaRocque (King Diamond guitarist) guested on the Slaughter Of The Soul album! by At The Gates. Who knew!

I think we had one pretty recently if I'm remembering right.

Back