GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Soon. I'm just really busy at the moment and I'm already doing 3 games at the same time. Should find some time during the holidays later this month hopefully :)

I wanted to ask whether we know when the Porcupine Wilson n00bvivor should begin. I ask mostly because I heard an album or two once or twice and based on that I put PT/SW albums in my wife's iPod and she's been listening to them a lot and I keep trying to avoid it all so it will be "new" for me for the n00bvivor. :D She says I'm crazy, though.

I'd like to start it in conjunction with NP's Dream Theater game. I'm only running one game right now so I'm fine with whenever. I finish school soon too so I'll have a lot more free time.

I'd like to start it in conjunction with NP's Dream Theater game. I'm only running one game right now so I'm fine with whenever. I finish school soon too so I'll have a lot more free time.
Cool, I'll also have more free time soon-ish, plus I'm just finishing up BoC and SX games.

I'd be willing to bet that won't be the top two. I don't think Metropolis placed in the top 2 last time did it? The forum has changed regulars and tastes quite a bit recently, we will probably see a more unique top ten.

A while back, I thought of (and posted about) a game that can result in the best album(s) of a decade, e.g. the seventies, and other decades. The goal is an interesting one, but the game itself doesn't look like a very practical one (how can everyone listen to all the albums? that takes time, lots of time). For now, I urge everyone to contribute in Mosh's The Yearly Metal Project topics. He just started with 1970. When 1970 until 1979 are done (the seventies), these albums could enter the "Metal Albums of the Seventies Tournament".

This first one could be only metal. It connects very well to what Mosh is doing now. I mean, his topics which are interesting by themselves of course, would also serve as a great way for gathering input.

But I also prefer a game with no boundaries. But then that would mean that participators would have to bear genres they might not be interested in.

It is a bit of the same dilemma I had with the Tournament of Instrumentals which also had some fusion/jazz-rock songs. I don't regret having done that but doing whole albums can have more impact on the game players.

By the way, I do not need to run (and decide about) the game myself per se. I might not have much time for it.

I'm all for including rock, hard rock, and metal into the game, but I'll be honest - I'm less likely to participate if I have to listen to full albums from genres I do not particularly enjoy. One or two jazz-fusion instrumentals is one thing, but entire albums is a different story.

Unless it's hip hop or anything electronic I think I could manage. However, I would include at least not only metal, but rock as well. Does anyone really want to have it in a way where you would accept Uriah Heep but not Yes or Gentle Giant?

I probably wouldn't have time for all albums unless the deadlines were really long, but I'd try to participate. Also I'd just skip over jazz/hip-hop and other genres I don't like.

Back