Stop soloing over Adrian!

[!--QuoteBegin-SandMaN+Oct 9 2003, 01:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SandMaN @ Oct 9 2003, 01:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I think you appreciate different things of a solo once you know how to play one.... [/quote]
Sadly I'm not talented... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

I said this just because my brother plays guitar and when we're listening a solo he comment more things than me... I just say "I like it" or not, he tastes it strongly...

All these advanced musicians! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

H's solo's above average to amazing and some of his solo's i dont think anyone can replicate it the same way as he does

Jan is good and has some good solo's but not in the same calibre as H's... i was listening to A Real Dead One and it was appalling Janicks guitar is brilliant as rythm player only...

H's solo's on DOD is just amazing in some areas pure brilliance but i have to admit Janick solo on Dance of Death song itself is quiet good the first i heard Jan doing 2 hand tapping.

overall Jan's ok but He should not do H's solos

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

As a recent guitar mag said (approx),

" Janick treads the fine line between genius and bum note hell".

Unfortunately - for me, it's nearer the latter. He's been playing the same solos
since Tattoed Millionaire and Holy Smoke. Even Davey is getting 'Samey'.
H is the one, and Janick shold stay away from H's solos.
Maybe H should do some of Janicks from the 90's?

H's solos are the only ones that cut it for me on the last 2 albums....

[!--QuoteBegin-Shadow+Oct 5 2003, 04:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shadow @ Oct 5 2003, 04:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I feel like a Stranger in a Strange Land, searching for my Wasted Years in the Sea of Madness...  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
excellent..

I personally love Maiden as a whole...and I for one was THEE happiest when H and Bruce returned!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+Oct 23 2003, 01:06 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ Oct 23 2003, 01:06 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]H's solo's on DOD is just amazing in some areas pure brilliance but i have to admit Janick solo on Dance of Death song itself is quiet good the first i heard Jan doing 2 hand tapping.
[/quote]
can someone please shed some light as to how can I make out when Janick is playing his solo, and when is Adrian playing his? I have always loved Maiden, but when people talk about that they can identify H playing his part, etc, then that confuses me.
Any help given would be appreciated...thanks pals...

what a load of shit..............RiR solo on trooper he plays in harmony with adrian:)
Adrian`s style goes more for bending and playing melodies.
Dave: A LOT OF HAMMER ONS
Janick: slides and speed (he allso uses the whole neck)

The thing I agree with is that Janick stole alot of adrians solos on RiR. Why not let him play it, Janick roxx! but adrian plays his own solos best (thus his style differs form adrians).....Janick had a bad start in the early 90`s but you rarely here him fuck up solos now......

Janick has created some of the best solos [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

all 3 stand equal in my eyes [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (davey a notch over [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

I don't think we should mess so much about this. We cannot do anything, can we? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

There is no doubt about the quality of all 3 Maidens axe-men....
But there's no doubt that Janick is completely different guitar player compared to Adrian.
Of course Janick is not able to play Adrian solos ... it's not a problem of technique is just feeling... if he tries to play melodic like Adrian he is just sounding awful.. if he tries to speed up with lot of scales he is sounding very messy...
Adrian has something very rare in metal guitar players... it is very difficult to say but I found only him play in that certain way..
He is definitively one of the best Guitarist ever (not for technique but for the feelings he add to his guitar playing)

...TO ICEMAN
Listen to No More Lies
1st solo Dave
2nd solo ADRIAN
3rd solo jan
then you have a key for all maiden solos

Thanks so much, Assasin...I appreciate it so much...was hoping that someone would shed some light on that [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Janick is ok. His solo on Dance of deat is really good. Adrian is better though and then there is 'big brother' Dave.
The difference in styles can be clearly heard in The Nomad - which is my favorite Iron Maiden solo!

I like the sound you get when Janick and H solo together. Like in The Trooper from RiR. Although Janick's solo's aren't as precise as those of H, I happen to think they're awesome.

My favourite solo from Dance of Death is Janick's on Pashchendale. By far.

Yeah, on Pashchendale the solo's great!

No, what am I doing on purpose? This is an interesting post I wanted to reply to because I agree with what you're saying.

Back