Stop soloing over Adrian!

I feel like a Stranger in a Strange Land, searching for my Wasted Years in the Sea of Madness... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Janick should not solo. He writes well and plays well and is a long time member of the band now, and Im just super with him but for gods sake PLEASE DONT SOLO ANYMORE!!! He has 1 solo style regardless of the type of song. He shreds. period

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH.... I'm going to audio edit together some of Janick's best solos! Maybe even make a CD of it, come around to some of you people's place and force you to listen to it until you're either Janick-fans or brain-dead!

Stop complaining! And when LooseCannon has played his tape I will play mine and then this discussion will be over! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I dont know why and how you like a band with this awful guitarrist like Janick, my friend LooseCannon....
If Jan is as awful as you say... how you like the band???

I cant hate any member of the band (except Blaze, but I dont listen any of his songs). If I would hear them, I wouldnt say anything....

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Oct 6 2003, 04:51 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Oct 6 2003, 04:51 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]... and force you to listen to it until you're either Janick-fans or brain-dead![/quote]
What, you mean there's a difference? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SandMaN+Oct 6 2003, 04:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SandMaN @ Oct 6 2003, 04:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I dont know why and how you like a band with this awful guitarrist like Janick, my friend LooseCannon....
If Jan is as awful as you say... how you like the band???

I cant hate any member of the band (except Blaze, but I dont listen any of his songs). If I would hear them, I wouldnt say anything.... [/quote]
I meant it in such a way as Janick rules, Sandman. I think he's great. I love his playing and writing and ESPECIALLY his solos. They have so much raw energy!

Yes they have! I think Janick is perfectly capable to play good solos and he's as good as Adrian as guitarist! Davey is the best though...

I just cant stand Janick playing adrians parts. He cant. Janick is a great guitar player but his style doesnt allow him to play Adrians parts very well.......AT ALL!

I also think adrian does his own solos best, but think of it. When adrian left iron maiden jannick was forced to play al the solos that adrian had played before, so i dont really think you can just say, "hey there ,let adrian play his solos and jannick his:". I dont think it had worked well, because adrian would then have played a lot more solos than Jannick (if we just count the song that were played on the give me ed-tour) because adrian was with maiden on the most of the classic songs. you just cant take those solos away form jannick. But some solos would go best with just one guitar...and some with two. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Discussion results:

Davey plays his solos
H plays his solos
Jan plays his solos

[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Question from a non-guitarrist to a lot of guitarrist (it seems so):

What's a good solo and what's a bad one ? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think it's good if it just sound good and fit into the rest of the song..... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

I really dont know when a solo is technically good...
When I listen one, I like it or not, just this...

Thanks for your honesty.
I thought I'm a dumb, 'cause I also differ by "sound cool" and "sound not that cool"...

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

Yeah, I find that if a solo fits good in the song then it's a good solo! But you have to be able to hear the emotion as well...

Well, I guess that's also the way I use to differ.....

[!--emo&:homer:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/homer[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'homer[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] (Ha, I love "Hooooomy")

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

Back