Steves Harris's Gold Disc From Powerslave..

A

Anonymous

my Father was very good friends with Steve. He became a close family friend and gave us his personal Golden Disc for Powerslave.

I have had a long hard think and believe that it would be better if a true hardcore (rich?) fan had it.

make me an offer I cant refuse.

If it's a present from Steve to your dad, how come you want to sell it? Does your old man know about it?  :huh:

Mav, he did say 'Arry gave it to us (sort of, implying the whole family), even so - is it his alone to sell?

If it is, is this breaching the forum rules? Should this be on eBay (or the like) rather than a trade forum (for bootlegs etc.)? :huh:

it was a present to my family. My dad passed away about 14 years ago and I found it in the garage a couple of years afterwards. I was a massive fan back then but realise that I dont need the disc to remember them.

I'm thinking about ebay but i'd rather it went to a fan.

Albie said:
is this breaching the forum rules?

I'm not 100% certain of this. I'll let Real World and SinisterMinisterX (the experts!) decide.

wha are you not certain about?

anyway this is only to put feelers out.
it is RIAA stamped

I am not certain about the forum rules concerning such an item.

Whereas it is not allowed to sell official merchandise here, I don't know if this can be considered as such. It may be somehow an official item, but this is not a "usual" piece. In doubt, I'd rather leave the advertisement here anyway. It doesn't do any harm, as far as I can see.

I can see your concerns.

at the moment i'm just putting feelers out. I have contacted CHristies to ask their opinion and they seem to think its mine to sell.

it is a bit of a funny on e though. know any rich Maiden fans?  ;)

desperate_eddie said:
know any rich Maiden fans?  ;)

I know complete nutters who'd go without food for a week in order to buy a collection item.

I also know a couple of well-off Frenchmen who have the largest collection of Maiden items. Maybe you could get in touch with them... I'll try to dig out their contact details when I have a minute (but I obviously won't post them here!  ;)).

desperate_eddie said:
it was a present to my family. My dad passed away about 14 years ago and I found it in the garage a couple of years afterwards. I was a massive fan back then but realise that I dont need the disc to remember them.

I'm thinking about ebay but i'd rather it went to a fan.
If I had the money (or was prepared to go without food for a week) I would be interested. But you are right, it should go to a fan. Good luck in selling it. ;)

mav, that would be very cool.

if you can get their details then i will post my email address for you to send it to.

^_^

Back