1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starblind

Discussion in 'The Final Frontier' started by Travis The Dragon, Aug 9, 2010.

?

How good is Starblind on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

43.9%
  2. 9

22.0%
  3. 8

14.6%
  4. 7

9.8%
  5. 6

4.9%
  6. 5

2.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2.4%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. frus

frus Barbed Wire Hen

2. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Absolutely, and I think it's a good interpretation! But it doesn't make me think the song as a whole is any better, despite the good lyrics.

3. permanenteddie

permanenteddie Prowler

After all these years I still have some trouble about what to think of this song, there are parts that are amazing (the atmospheric intro, the way Bruce sings at the beginning during the calm part, that riff at 4.10, the other one at 5.04, the lyrics) some others I'm not really fond of (some guitar parts during the verses sound weird, generally it feels like there is too much going on at the same time and it ends sounding messy).
    7/10

4. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

This song is weird AF in the sense that everyone and their brother loves it. I have to ask, why? This song literally feels like they came up with the best lyrics they ever had and needed music to it and so they threw guitar, bass, and drums into a blender and made the song. I mean, seriously, the lyrics weigh the song down because they just don't fit the music. The grandeur needs to be matched. And has no one noticed how they completely recycled Infinite Dreams in this song?

All in all, this song sums up TFF Eddie on the album cover - disjointed and all bungled up. Which, for Eddie, isn't a bad thing. For Starblind, it kinda is. 7/10 - enjoyable, but not the masterpiece many claim.

Lucas Lourenco and DJMayes like this.
  5. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

For me, the Infinite Dream reprise detracts a bit. It also suffers from the "mid tempo malaise" that inflicts so many reunion era tunes. Lyrically, it's very strong though.

Diesel 11 likes this.