1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Space Station No. 5'

Discussion in 'Fear Of The Dark' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Space Station No. 5' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

2. national acrobat

national acrobat Ancient Mariner

Cultural reference coming up . . . . I think the horse race at the end that Bruce commentates on is a reference to the Derek & Clive track "Horse Racing"; the words are different but it has the same feel, so I imagine it's a conscious imitation.  :smartarse:

3. gor

gor Ancient Mariner

Intresting trivia! thanks!

4. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Gor!  Long time, no see!

5. gor

gor Ancient Mariner

I'm serving my army time mate, see more of you in a few months!

6. LooseCannon

"Watch out for your cornhole, buddy"

7. gor

gor Ancient Mariner

haha! Don't worry about it! got my own room here!  :bigsmile:

8. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

4/10

Space Station No. 5 is another Montrose cover, but Bruce does not take it seriously at all and proceeds to talk through the last verse and solo. It’s backhanded by a six-minute joke with Bruce once again impersonating manager Rod Smallwood while Janick plays some chords. It’s funny for about one minute.

9. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

That's the point.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Do you homework Knick. :) That's another song (a hidden track). Bayswater Ain't a Bad Place to Be. For the record: it is also not serious, and it's 8 minutes. ;) Hope it didn't affect your vote too much (you can always change it, I guess).

10. MrKnickerbocker

I get that it's the point, I guess I just don't see the novelty in such things.

Huh, why is my version mixed together the way it is...? Must be the Illuminati.

11. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

It's on the same track probably. But these are different songs.

12. MrKnickerbocker

Oh, yes I know that. I actually gave Space Station a 5/10 and Bayswater a 3/10, but there was no thread for the latter (and I didn't feel like making one) so I averaged them both to a 4/10.

13. LooseCannon

No, Nicko! Not behind that bush! The bloody Queen plays golf - well if she fucking played golf she'd fuckin' play it here, wouldn't she!

Niall Kielt likes this.