South Park

Has anybody watched any episodes from season 19, I did watch both and I think they upped their game from last year.

South Park has been one of my favorite shows for a long time, since I was in 7th grade! I think it would be my 2nd favorite cartoon after The Simpsons... Such a brilliant satire on current events and trends, and they make a lot of great points through their humor

"South Park, Bigger Longer & Un-Cut" is also probably my favorite animated musical of all time... and I also like Matt & Trey's other animated film "Team America World Police", as well as the movie they star in, "Baseketball"

Last weeks episode was really weird. Especially the ending with Cartman. This season is definitely one of the better ones though. But nothing will top the Black Friday trilogy.

haha, that one was great, the ending to that, omg... :D:lol:

so far my favorite one of this season has been the Yelpers one, that "Boogers and Cum" song at the end had me cracking up:lol::lol:

the past 2 episodes were ok, not that great.. dissapointed, I've always enjoyed Jimmy, and that Nate kid cracks me up, haha, "SHUT UP MIMSYYYY!":D

but, those 2 episodes were just ehh...

I enjoyed the last season but not the finale. After first three episodes I've hinted that they're gonna have some big drama/conclusion at the end of the season, but it was underwhelming in IMO.

Also, I like their new approach where they they plan the whole season as one complete story with few sideline stories, instead of before - where every episode was for itself.

What I don't like is that they base a lot of episodes on a topics that are currently happening only in USA. First, rest of the world wouldn't/can't probably get the joke. Second, it does not age well. For example: when you watch earlier seasons, topics were universal and are still going today. Now, in a few years, if somebody watches last season episode about Redskins, Zimmerman or similar they would've have probably no idea what are they talking about.

Still, looking forward to new season if they continue this "one season-one big story" deal :)

Believe me, in Europe the news sometimes pay more attention on what's happening in America than on what is happening at home. I am European and have understood most of the jokes in past few seasons. (Ginger Cow is one of my favourite episodes ever, although it talks more about world's topics than American ones.)

I stopped watching South Park some years ago when it turned to utter crap, imo. Last weekend I happened to watch the newest episode of season 20 and it actually seemed decent, might catch up with the rest of the season as well.

I stopped watching South Park some years ago when it turned to utter crap, imo. Last weekend I happened to watch the newest episode of season 20 and it actually seemed decent, might catch up with the rest of the season as well.
Really the last 3 seasons have been good ... when they started serializing the seasons.

After 7 episodes I must admit I don't like the season very much.
Combining whole seasons in one theme had it's advantages but this one seems overstretched. There are actually 3 stories since beginning of the seasons and they seem to over-repeat. I applaud their decision that they try to be as actual as possible which can especially be seen in last episode (where they probably waited until last second to made the episode or they made two with different stories/endings). However, what is lacking is their typical humor. I don't remember if I laughed once through whole season and their social commentary is everything but subtle.
I know it's not easy to be original and refreshing after 20 seasons but I also think it's due to their (Parker/Stone) schedule which they cram with various different projects.

Well today's episode of South Park features TNOTB when Randy and co are performing a ritual. There is the whole verse from Bruce scream on and one chorus.

Well today's episode of South Park features TNOTB when Randy and co are performing a ritual. There is the whole verse from Bruce scream on and one chorus.
I'll have to check that out! I haven't seen any of the current season, in fact I still haven't seen the last few episodes from last season, and this is as good a reason as any for me to finally catch back up.

I've been watching A LOT of South Park lately. I stopped watching around season 15 for many reasons, but while I wait to get paid to re-up my Netflix I've been binging on South Park.

I'm sure you guys already know, but to "catch up" Southparkstudios.com has all the seasons up for free, up to the current episodes. I'm currently watching the PC principal season.

I binged all of Seasons 18-20 not too long ago. 18 was good, 19 started poorly but ended well, and 20 was entertaining all throughout. Gonna look into 21 sometime soon.

Back