Songs played live

The Saint

Powerslave
Staff member
A nice feature that could be added sometime to the IMC would be the following:

next to each song commentary, we could have a list (or a button leading to a list) that would say if and when the song was played live by Maiden.

I know it's hard work, so it's not a formal request [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Do you think I haven't enough to do on that site? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

you want to add every date a particular song was played? That would make a looooong list for The Trooper [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I know Mav. Your dedication to the IMC is amazing, that's why I'm never complaining.

It's just that people would stop asking: when was this song played live and so on.

Maybe one day.

Cheers

The commentaries of the tours have a setlist... that should be enough for the moment [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Mar 7 2005, 12:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 7 2005, 12:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The commentaries of the tours have a setlist... that should be enough for the moment  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]99341[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I know, I know. Maybe will I do such a list someday.

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Mar 7 2005, 11:42 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Mar 7 2005, 11:42 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]you want to add every date a particular song was played? That would make a looooong list for The Trooper  [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]99339[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Not to mention "Iron Maiden" [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Instead of naming all the songs that Maiden DID play, the following would be way easier to put in the Commentary (and perhaps more interesting for the readers):

Album songs that Maiden did NOT play live:

Killers:
1. Prodigal Son

The Number of the Beast:
2. Invaders
3. Gangland

Piece of Mind:
4. Quest for Fire
5. Sun and Steel

Powerslave:
6. Flash of the Blade
7. The Duellists
8. Back in the Village

Somewhere in Time:
9. Deja-Vu
10. Alexander The Great

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son:
11. The Prophecy
12. Only the Good Die Young

No Prayer for the Dying:
13. Fates Warning
14. Run Silent Run Deep
15. Mother Russia

Fear of the Dark:
16. Fear is the Key
17. Childhood's End
18. The Fugitive
19. Chains of Misery
20. The Apparition
21. Judas Be My Guide
22. Weekend Warrior

The X-Factor:
23. Look for the Truth
24. Judgement of Heaven
25. 2 A.M.
26. The Unbeliever

Virtual XI:
27. Como Estais Amigos

Brave New World:
28. The Nomad
29. The Thin Line between Love and Hate

Dance of Death:
30. Montségur
31. Gates of Tomorrow
32. New Frontier
33. Face in the Sand
34. Age of Innocence

(If someone still bothers to mention all the songs that Maiden DID play, I could post all tours that belong to them)

Lonliness... was played in Belgrade in 1986 [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

"Lonliness... was played in Belgrade in 1986"

Thanks for the info!
Just downloaded this bootleg! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I removed the song from my post.

@where_eddie_dares

That indeed doesn't count. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
But it still was a cool treatment for the Greek fans! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

"The Ides of March" was played live - can be seen on the Early Days DVD during the "20th century box" special - it's definately not a tape.

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Mar 15 2005, 06:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 15 2005, 06:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]"The Ides of March" was played live - can be seen on the Early Days DVD during the "20th century box" special - it's definately not a tape.
[snapback]99889[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Nope. They walk on stage while it's played. They never played it themselves LIVE.

[!--QuoteBegin-Forostar+Mar 15 2005, 07:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Forostar @ Mar 15 2005, 07:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nope. They walk on stage while it's played. They never played it themselves LIVE.
[snapback]99891[/snapback]​
[/quote]

well watch the beginning of the 20th century box special and you will see that it sounds very different to the studio version

EDIT: time index during the special: 1:25

[!--QuoteBegin-TheTrooper666+Mar 15 2005, 06:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(TheTrooper666 @ Mar 15 2005, 06:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]well watch the beginning of the 20th century box special and you will see that it sounds very different to the studio version
[snapback]99893[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I admit, it is indeed a different version from the version on Killers. But it's still played from a tape, used as an intro.

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Mar 15 2005, 06:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Mar 15 2005, 06:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think they played Ides... live in the 1970s before they had a tape of it to play.  I think the 1979 bootlegs have them playing it live.
[snapback]99896[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hey, just listened to Live @ Ruskin Arms 1979 (15-8-1979) and this sounds indeed live. Sorry for being stubborn earlier, but I was pretty sure that they later used a tape for it. In the seventies not it seems. The song will be removed from the list! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+May 3 2005, 04:17 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ May 3 2005, 04:17 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Ancient Mariner said that Loneliness was played live in Yugoslavia?!I can't believe it!...Where can i download it or got some indication of trading it?
[snapback]103503[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes. Along with Flight of Icarus, which was later dropped.

I pointed this out on the IMBB and the Saint told me to make a post about it here, so...
Loneliness... and FoI were played on SoT.

Back