1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somewhere In Yugoslavia

Discussion in 'Somewhere In Time' started by Zare, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

I heard from one friend who attended the show back in 1986, that television cameras were all over the place. He's sure about it, but i haven't heard anywhere about a remote possibility of the pro-shot bootleg of this concert.

I will go into deeper search here, the thing is, it's going to be really hard to get a straight answer, let alone a copy of the mastertapes (assuming that he's right). If it was shot for national TV house, the TV house splitted in (x) parts upon Yugoslav dissolution. If it's was shot for private local or youth-program TV's, at least in Croatia all of those that existed before are long gone...i think it's same in Serbia.

So, if anyone heard any rumour...spit it out fastĀ  :D

It would be awesome to have the proshot video version of the only show of the whole tour where six album tracks were played at once, not to mention that it's the only show overall to feature TLOTLDR. Spectrum has only four SIT tracks in the setlist...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know who would really be interested in that information? The Maiden management. Steve himself has complained in the past that there is no professionally shot video material of that tour out there- but if they get that hint, they might be able to find something.

3. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Wouldn't they be notified if they were shot for the local TV?

I mean, you can't just take a couple of cameras, go to the big show, and broadcast it. I presume you need a licence/agreement with the organization or the band itself.

Now, what's the easy way to contact the management? If some seniors / administration of these forums had contact with IM management before, maybe they could rely the message.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe they were notified back then, but you know... that was twenty years ago, and people can simply forget some things.

I don't know how to contact the management myself, but I do remember somebody here knew.

5. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Good point. Besides forgetting, it's also possible that they gave up searching for it a long time ago.

6. Lovro

Lovro Invader

Belgrade or Zagreb show?

7. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

I know it was for a music video, but I wonder if the rest of the show from SIASL was filmed.

8. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

This topic is about the first couple of gigs of the Somewhere On Tour, Travis.

9. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

I have the audio bootleg and would LOVE to see a video of them. That set list was AMAZING!