some forums are missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't figure anybody would miss them, given that nobody posted in them for over a year. Besides, the "Unapproved News" forum was completely obsolete.

Or the metalfans news forum - which, incidentally - will also be obsolete when I get my arse into gear and finish metalfans!

Onhell said:
I'm guessing the International forums got the same treatment?

shiiiit! that's why I had my posts counter decreased 

the Spanish one and the Scandinavian were relatively active  :(

We didn't think a dozen posts this year in all four international forums together counted as active ;)

____no5 said:
shiiiit! that's why I had my posts counter decreased 

the Spanish one and the Scandinavian were relatively active  :(
Actually its not. They've just been hidden in case I changed my mind. Which I won't :p
Seriously, the activity in these forums was not worth the effort in moderation. OK theres not much to moderate but someone has to keep checking these forums. It also makes the forum home look overly cluttered. I'd rather focus discussion into a core set of forums than have posts spread out over a mass of forums. It makes it more difficult for moderators and new posters to find anything useful.

Another reason for the lack of anything in said forums (news, tours, international) is the moderators are no longer active. I haven't seen The Saint, Assassin or Sandman... I'm still around So if the international forums are reactivated I am more than willing to moderate the Spanish one. I've wanted to post stuff in there for a while... might revive it might not, but at least I get to write in Spanish :D

what Onhell says is true, without active moderators forums are slowly dying
but Onhell -at least the last 2 years- is ALLWAYS around;
so why don't give him a chance ?  ;)

I don't see how an active moderator can improve the number of posts in a forum. You don't have to be a moderator to be an active member of the forum and thats all forums need to get active - someone starting topics and starting discussions. All moderators do is monitor the posted topics for things that break the rules.

I can't see things improving any time soon, not least because the international forums are mostly served better by foreign language fansites in that language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back