Slayer

Hmm no. That's not how I read it. It says "The two-track vinyl will be available as part of the upcoming Record Store Day on April 18th."

It is a record day exclusive as far as I can tell. That track and one old live track.

Ohh....if it will be on the new album or not remains to be seen. You might be right that it will. Right now, I'm looking at it as a special event kind of single...

It doesn't say that the track is exclusive though. I don't see why it wouldn't be on the album.

2015 looks to be a very active year for metal. Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Slayer all releasing albums.

It doesn't say that the track is exclusive though. I don't see why it wouldn't be on the album.

Many bands do extra stuff because of the Record Store Day event http://www.recordstoreday.com/ with stuff ONLY released for the fans at that day to make fans go out and pick up vinyl/CDs/Cassettes like in the old days etc.....

But yes, it might also be a track that will be on the next album, however it doesn't say that anywhere either. Right now it's just a Record Store Day release....Vinyl only.

I like it a lot. The intro is alright, I LOVE the heavy riff after and the drumming is great. A nice surprise as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure it will be on the new album as well as Implode. It's a really good song and one of the most original things Slayer has done in quite some time. I am a bit surprised at no guitar solos though.

Last time they did that two planes flew into the World Trade Center.

I noticed that release date of the upcoming record, but I never knew that God Hates Us All really came out on that date (including the year!) as well. :eek:
Any more records?

EDIT:

Here they are. This one !!! The Twin Towers are burning even!
dreamtheater911560.jpg

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2014/09/911_was_a_super_tuesday_of_album_releases.php

Since Tuesday was the most common record publishing day back then, quite a few got released on 9/11. I know that a Bob Dylan album came out on that day as well.

I havn't seen a topic of Slayer, so i decided to make one.

What does others here think about Slayer?
For me it is the best Trash Metal band ever!!! :D

Feel free to write anything you want about Slayer :)

Metallica have always been my favourite due to their brilliant structuring of albums and all-around better songs, and you'll struggle to find a more musically complex band than Megadeth in their songwriting, but I can't argue with you. Nobody does thrash metal better than Slayer. They are about as perfect as that pure release of aggression type of music can get. I love Reign in Blood, Decade of Aggression, and Divine Intervention most.

Am I the only one who thinks that The Antichrist is one of their best songs?

Not one of my favourites but it's a good one. I love the live version off of Decade of Aggression and how seamlessly the proceeding song blends into it. They're so tight, it's unbelievable.

What does everyone think of the repentless cover art? I think it's great art from a design perspective, but I'm not keen on satanic themes. That doesn't stop me from listening to slayer though. I do wish slayer could do more with their "theme" as a band other than the constant satanic references. Iron maiden does a perfect job of not rehashing the same images over and over, aside from eddie himself. Even eddie changes.

Back