1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven Kingdoms

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by pmk, Sep 28, 2012.

1. pmk

pmk Prowler

2. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

Pretty bog standard power metal, singer's not too bad, guitars are okay but not special. Kinda poppy sounding. I liked it though, so I'll check the rest of it out.

3. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

I agree. Don't mind it all, but it doesn't excite me.

4. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I'm gonna obtain their previous releases and have a listen, anyway. If it's all decent it's worth getting to put into the shuffle rotation. Might be a couple standout songs.

5. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Wow, I just discovered a new great band, pmk! Thank you!
    This is better than average power metal. Strong melodies + strong guitar work + strong singer.
    So this is pretty good! The voice is in the clip is a bit too much in the foreground, or better: rhythm guitars too much in the background (maybe it's a mono).

This older one is pretty good (LOTS of Iced Earth drawn in the music!):

The part from 4:35 and onwards is magnificent I think. Awesome vocal melodies follow.

6. pmk

pmk Prowler

7. Cornfed Hick

Cornfed Hick Electric Eye

I didn't make the connection until I started watching the video, when I realized I've actually seen these folks live. I want to say it was at a Blind Guardian show a year or two ago. They weren't bad, and I think the singer was sort-of cute, but they need to get real guitars -- hard to take them seriously with those ridiculous-looking things.

EDIT: Yep, that was them. See page here. The were the first of two opening acts for Blind Guardian. The other was Holy Grail, which I gathered was a bit more of an established band at the time, but as I recall, I liked Seven Kingdoms much better.