Say Something Nice About Another Country

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Egypt -There is a very intense day-light which in combination of the color of the dessert or sea,
can create nice photos out of no-where

The dessert is an incredible experience -is a feeling like gazing at the ocean, but it gives even more calm than the ocean-

p8310249.jpg

Is this the other place you went to besides Ukraine and Greece?

Turkey, Bulgaria, Jordan, UAE, Bahrein, Israel, Pakistan, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Spain, Lebanon, Latvia, Egypt, Russia, Cyprus, Libya

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Turkey, Bulgaria, Jordan, UAE, Bahrein, Israel, Pakistan, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Spain, Lebanon, Latvia, Egypt, Russia, Cyprus, Libya

Wow!  Nice down time.  Beats work, I imagine.  :)
How many years has it taken you to accumulate such a high number?

Counting...

Canada, USA, Jamaica, Dominican Rep., Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Czech Rep.
If things go according to plan, I'll add either Mexico or Cuba and Italy to this list in a couple of years.

Thanks GK, I forgot some countries though like Montenegro, Albania & who knows what else....
Montenegro is one of the most beautiful countries I know, but it is sooo calm that makes you tired!

How many years has it taken you to accumulate such a high number?

In a few days it will be one year*  :) 
With the time and as I get more experienced I'll do some more serious countries like China, Norway, Korea & Japan....

*All mentioned countries are job related though, generally I've been to a few more

I consider seriously to go and live in China for some years, I've talked to my lady and she's ready to follow.
By the end of this year I'll start to apply for a permanent job there.

I've been to Canada.  That's it.

I hope one day to be as well traveled as my father, who has been to the USA, Barbados, the Dominican Republic, St. Kitts & Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominica, Mexico, Ireland, England, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Italy, Vatican City, Malta, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Cyprus, Yemen, Qatar, and Kuwait.

Eh, that list may not be exhaustive, those are only the countries I remember him going to.

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Thanks GK, I forgot some countries though like Montenegro, Albania & who knows what else....
Montenegro is one of the most beautiful countries I know, but it is sooo calm that makes you tired!

In a few days it will be one year*  :) 
With the time and as I get more experienced I'll do some more serious countries like China, Norway, Korea & Japan....

*All mentioned countries are job related though, generally I've been to a few more

I consider seriously to go and live in China for some years, I've talked to my lady and she's ready to follow.
By the end of this year I'll start to apply for a permanent job there.

Is this related to the wine industry?  Forgive my ignorance.
LooseCannon said:
I've been to Canada.  That's it.

I hope one day to be as well traveled as my father, who has been to the USA, Barbados, the Dominican Republic, St. Kitts & Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominica, Mexico, Ireland, England, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Italy, Vatican City, Malta, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Cyprus, Yemen, Qatar, and Kuwait.

Eh, that list may not be exhaustive, those are only the countries I remember him going to.

Are those visits military related or fun or a combination?

Genghis Khan said:
Canada, USA, Jamaica, Dominican Rep., Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Czech Rep

+ Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Vatican City, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, England, Scotland (or doesn't Scotland count?), Greece and Turkey.

edit: @no_5: well, that's farewell then.  :D

Despite it being so damn close (and embarrassingly cheap to get to), I have never actually been to Ireland.

It's a bit like the fact that I have been to Paris a zillion times - yet I have never seen the Eiffel Tower.

As for countries visited, I reckon it's about 13: France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Greece, Albania (for a few minutes), Kenya, South Africa, USA.
Note, I don't include Scotland and Wales as different countries - but you knew that, right? ;)

Genghis Khan said:
Are those visits military related or fun or a combination?

Most were military related, but you'd never guess that from the pictures.  Dad's visits (except to the Middle East) have always involved really interesting stories.  I guess he just uses the Forces to get there.

Albie, you mean you've never been into the Eiffel Tower? The blindest monks can see the Eiffel Tower while staying in Paris. ;)

I have never been in it, always too long queues. I have touched it though. ;)

Speaking of Paris, I always make fun of a collegue of mine (a woman above 50) who has never been to Paris in her life. What's funny about that? Well, she has travelled to many places (even to Vladiwostok - forgive any bad spelling) but never to Paris. I always say to her that all 50+ women who live in Holland have been to Paris. ;)

It is cool that a few of us are well traveled.  

@Foro:  I didn't know you were in Canada.  When and where?  I almost went to Netherlands in 1998 when I was in Europe.  My friends and I were so gung ho on going until we realized no one was willing to fork over that much money.  :D

@Albie: LOL on the Eiffel Tower comment.

Ah well, let's jump on the bandwagon...

Germany, France, UK, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Vatican City, Hungary, Romania, Denmark, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Canada, USA. Should be about it unless you count a 15-minute drive through a Polish border town, a drive through a tiny bit of the Netherlands and a possible stay at a Dutch petrol station, though that might have been Belgian (it was night and I had been sleeping in the bus).

Though I feel obliged to say that I have actually lived in Germany, Pakistan (one and a half years) and Canada (three years) and went to the US, Belgium, Italy, the UK and France more than once.

Next year, I'm going to add Ireland and (possibly/hopefully) Iran to that list.

No seriously, I have been to Paris on more occasions that I have been to Canterbury, yet I have never clapped eyes on it. It's a big city, is Paris.

Forostar said:
I have never been in it, always too long queues. I have touched it though. ;)

I never saw it like that, but it would certainly make sense.  Paris is like the travel capital of the world (or in the top 5 for sure).  I thought waiting for the CN Tower was long, but the Eiffel Tower must be way longer.

@ LC: That's awesome that you hear so many stories.  
By the way, a friend I work with is awaiting to hear if he's accepted in the armed forces.  He'll go to Quebec, New Brunswick but hopes to end up in Edmonton (where they apparently have a base for tanks).  His goal is to drive one.

Albie said:
No seriously, I have been to Paris on more occasions that I have been to Canterbury, yet I have never clapped eyes on it. It's a big city, is Paris.

That is pretty amazing though. I've been to Paris five (or six?) times now, and I've seen it every time, without even trying...

Wow, I have been to 3 countries where Perun has not been yet (Sweden, Greece & Turkey).

I must admit that Turkey was just a couple of hours (a boatrip from Rhodos to the Turkish city of Marmaris, which was a touristic city which I never wish to visit again. People only talk to you when they want to sell something. And that's almost all the time.)

Perun said:
..unless you count a 15-minute drive through a Polish border town..
That was about the extent of my visit to Albania. We took a boat from Corfu to mainland Greece and had the most briefest of visits to the Albanian coast.

Back