Samson!

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
recently on holiday i spotted a Sampson CD in a market -

Shock Tactics

I bought it and well..... its not bad, they were almost on the right lines.

One thing i noticed was that from listening to the album you can see the influences Bruce brought to Iron Maiden - for example, track 2 Earth Mother follows the same chord sequence and chorus intimacy almost perfectly.

Also, Sampson weren't just gung-ho, there is a partly-accoustic song at the end of the album which is, to say the least, one of my now favourite songs!

Can anyone shed any light on Sampson and albums - and no i havent looked in the Commentary!
[!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

definately! its a beautiful song...

do you know how many albums they did with Bruce? was it two?

i know he was with with Sampson as backing vocals at one point

thanks!

Check it out this site [a href=\'http://www.delta.se/~henke/samson/samside.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.delta.se/~henke/samson/samside.html[/a]

It's called "The ONLY Samson site on the web". You'll learn a lot about the band on it.

The albums Bruce does vocals on are:

Head On (1980)
Shock Tactics (1981)
Live At Reading '81 (Released 1990)

There is another album credited with his vocals, Survivor, released in 1979. Bruce does not sing on the original album but the new remasters has the whole album twice, once with the original singer (Paul Samson) and once with Bruce from around 1980 which was released as a limited edition in 1985 with the Head Tactics compilation.

Seriously, the remasters are well worth getting [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

thanks Shaman. AM thank you for that piece of information, just quickly, is the Live at Reading decent?

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Aug 4 2004, 04:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Aug 4 2004, 04:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] just quickly, is the Live at Reading decent? [/quote]
YEp, very cool!

Live At Reading is very good, it was recorded for (and from) the radio so the quality is great, as good as a standard live album.

Also, that gig was the day Rod asked Bruce if he wanted to join Maiden so it was Bruce's last gig with Samson!

I love the Bruce Bruce moustache!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Aug 16 2004, 10:42 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Aug 16 2004, 10:42 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have Live at reading, and it is a bloody great album!
[snapback]83136[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Anyone any idea where i can pick a copy up?

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Aug 16 2004, 10:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Aug 16 2004, 10:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Anyone any idea where i can pick a copy up?
[snapback]83254[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I found it in my record shop as a bargain they sold out, only about 7-8€! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Aug 16 2004, 10:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Aug 16 2004, 10:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Anyone any idea where i can pick a copy up?
[snapback]83254[/snapback]​
[/quote]
If you can't find it in your record shop, try amazon.co.uk or ebay!

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]try amazon.co.uk or ebay![/quote]

took a look at amazon a couple of weeks ago, looks a little complicated.. no worry, i'll find a copy

Back