Sabbat (UK)

Hunlord

Trooper
Long-defunct British thrashers SABBAT will reunite to support CRADLE OF FILTH on their upcoming U.K. tour in December. The reunion came about "due to many a conversation with Dani [Filth, CRADLE frontman] and Paul [Allender, COF guitarist] whilst mixing the [new] CRADLE album," SABBAT guitarist-turned-producer Andy "Undie" Sneap told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "It was put to us that they'd love to see it happen (Dani still has his stolen copy of 'Dreamweaver' [1989] on cassette), and the more we've talked about it, it just seemed like opening for CRADLE on these shows would be a great way of getting the five of us together again for a bit of fun. It's not a long-term thing, [and we don't have] any delusions about the future — [it's] just a chance to play some of the old songs and have a blast."

SABBAT 2006 reunion lineup (same as that on 1989's "Dreamweaver"):

Martin Walkyier - Vocals
Andy Sneap - Guitar
Simon Jones - Guitar
Fraser Craske - Bass
Simon Negus - Drums

Says Sneap: "We just have to try and remember the songs, but we've had three rehearsals already and it sounds great."

Exact cities and dates will be announced soon. 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=58037
:yey: :yey: :yey: :yey:
I think this is the best news of the year, except for the fact that Sabbat are supporting Cradle Of Filth, but hey, no one has to stay after Sabbat finish up  ;)

EDIT: The dates as up on Ticketmaster

Sun 17/12/06
19:00 Cradle Of Filth
Manchester Academy
Manchester, Lancashire, UK

Mon 18/12/06
Carling Academy Birmingham
Birmingham, West Midlands, UK

Tue 19/12/06
Astoria
London, UK

So, Onslaught then Xentrix and now Sabbat. Interesting. Seems they won't be recording anything, which will be a bit of a shame.

Well we can always hope ;) Trying to get to see them live will be a bit of a problem for me, but I will do it!

Just an update, here's a clip from the Manchester show, its about 100 megs and of The Clerical Conspiracy. Martin had a bit of trouble with his voice that night and their soundman was unable to be there. Still looks great though. ;)

I've had a butchers at that (Walkyier doesn't sound too bad) and the band sounded good. Promising.

Not sure I've asked you this, Hunlord, have you listened to much Skyclad?

Not really, I've hear some Skyclad and they sound quite good, the folkish sound suits Walkyier's voice very well, I think. I've been meaning to pick up Jonah's Ark, but unfortunately haven't seen it anywhere as of yet.

Only Sabbat thread on here it seems,

I saw a video of A Cautionary Tale on youtube and wondered if a release was coming and it seems it is,

Does anyone know if the studio albums in this set are remastered?

That's some great news.
Going for the CD set box even though I have the 2007 expanded editions of the two albums featuring 8 tracks from Live In East Berlin between them.
Does anyone know if the studio albums in this set are remastered?
Short answer, I don't.
Long answer, 2007 editions are (by Andy Sneap 2006 I think), so the new ones might either use those remasters (quite likely), newer ones (less likely but still), or go back to the original (even less likely I'd say) but that's just speculation.
Jesus, I haven't had a metal band poster on the wall either in my home or my office for quite a long time, a Sabbat one would be apt.

I ordered it from amazon as it worked out cheaper, but if you order it direct from Noise records the first 200 get a free patch. Looked like that patch was still available when I checked the price yesterday.

I ordered it from amazon as it worked out cheaper, but if you order it direct from Noise records the first 200 get a free patch. Looked like that patch was still available when I checked the price yesterday.
I ordered it via an old pal's metal e-shop so probably no patch for me - but thank you so much @srfc for this and for your initial post, I'd have easily missed this epic release otherwise.

Back