SABATON SURVIVOR 2017: Results -> All together... GOTT MIT UNS!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
It's a Turkish bistro in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. The irony is on too many layers for me to fathom.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 4:
Endless Nights - 8 votes
Thunderstorm - 8 votes
Speeder - 8 votes
Shadows - 7 votes

Voting for Into The Fire, Rise Of Evil, Back In Control, Thundergods, Metalizer, Burn Your Crosses, 7734 and Dream Destroyer.

Into the Fire
Angels
Back in Control
Everything from Metalizer except the title track, 7743, and Dream Destroyer (they all suck, but 3 have to fight on)

Now we're talking! This is a vast improvement over Metalizer and made for the most enjoyable first listen of any of the albums so far.

Voting for Wolfpack, Rise of Evil, and Back in Control to narrow the first two albums to 3 songs apiece, + the interludes and bonus tracks from Art of War.

Sun Tzu Says
This really didn't need to be a separate track, since there are multiple songs with spoken words at the beginning.

Ghost Division
Their best opener, doubt they'll ever top it. Right from the start it's noticeable that keyboards are louder than ever. Chorus is awesome (as are all the others choruses on the album)

The Art Of War
Top 5 Sabaton song. It's another keyboard driven song with very cool heavy verses and a simple but effective chorus.

40:1
This one was actually one of my favorite songs when I heard the band but it's dropped in my ratings massively. I mean, it's a strong album so it's still a pretty good song, but now I think it's the least good non-interlude song on the album along with Firestorm. Chorus is great but it's repeated too much. Byuried in historyyyyyy!

Unbreakable
Most underrated Sabaton song. Played just once live even though it's easily a Top 5 song. First part of the song is epic as fuck with a great melodic riff; it builds up to one of the most awesome sections in any Sabaton song. Fast part is a pure headbang fast with a barrage of awesome riffs. I guess since it's not about any particular battle or country they don't wanna play this one live since they can't suck up to any particular audience. Sad! :p

The Nature Of Warfare
This one at least has a cool keyboard background to the spoken words, but it's still not really needed.

Cliffs Of Gallipoli
Best Sabaton ballad.

Talvisota
Pretty sure they used this riff before :p Solid song but a bit too by-the-book.

Panzerkampf
One of my early Sabaton favorites, mostly because of the chorus.

Union (Slopes Of St. Benedict)
Another OK-ish songs. Kind of a prequel to Anzio in terms of the riff.

The Price Of A Mile
This song is pretty cool but the chorus gets a little bit jarring near the end since it's repeated too much. However, I forgive them because of the immortal "many man has died" line :p

Firestorm
Fastest song on the album? It's pretty cool but competition is tough.

A Secret
See "Sun Tzu Says"

Glorious Land
Decent bonus but nothing more. Worse than all the non-interludes from the album.

Swedish Pagans
It's a mystery to me why this song is so popular and why they play it so fucking much. Unbreakable is a million times better. Also pretty sure I heard some riffs and vocal lines before. Admittedly the "woah-oh" parts are good for live performances but not enough to make this song their Top 10 most played according to setlist.fm iirc.

This is their 2nd best album IMO. I'm not sure if they have it in them to top this one, let alone Primo Victoria... Lately they ditched longer epic songs altogether :(
Voting for the songs in bold and also Into The Fire and Back In Control. Anyone else gonna vote or analyse?

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 6:
Sun Tzu Says - 9 votes
A Secret - 9 votes
The Nature Of Warfare - 8 votes
Glorious Land - 8 votes

Into The Fire, Rise Of Evil, Back In Control, 40:1, Talvisota, Panzerkampf, Union, Firestorm, Swedish Pagans.

Back