Rush

Top 5 Rush Albums/Next Band

• Total voters
So I've been listening to late-period Kinks albums, which is pretty dreary because the good songs are few and far between. But I couldn't help but notice that in 1978 they had a song called "Permanent Waves", and in 1979 they had one called "Moving Pictures"...

I went with Vapour Trails. I don't suppose it's a popular choice, but something about it stays with me. The themes and lyrics are beautiful. The music itself is more simple compared to what they're known to do. But that's okay. Dream Theater should take note. Or maybe they did? :p

Voted all from Permanent waves to Power windows, especially PW and Signals are very, very good. Rush is a great live band, saw them on tour in 2007, the whole trio blew me away! They are all superb musicians:D

Honestly I'm ok if they're done. One more album would be nice but CA works as a swan song. Given what happened in the 90s, anything that came after the Different Stages release feels like a bonus to me.

Agree with that. I like pretty much everything they've released (yes, including Test for Echo), but unless they feel the urge to go into the recording studio again, I'm really fine with what we've been provided so far. Clockwork's a great finish of an amazing career and the guys have nothing more to prove, really. I'm somewhat sad I haven't been able to see them live, but then again, as usual - a concert is a momentary thing, the albums are eternal. I haven't even seen Dream Theater live yet, for crying out loud!

Thanks! Great little interview. Geddy Explains it very well. Top class integer gentleman. And Lifeson with the (often) necessary humour. :)

Let's hope they do find those other ways to present their music. (O how I wish Maiden would do that as well, but no chance I guess)

Last edited:
I did see that interview earlier as well. If Rush does decide to call it quits, it won't be that bad. They've had MANY years of great and wonderful music and Geddy might do another solo album or 2.

If anyone has earned the right to call it a day, it's Rush. Other than Maiden, I can't think of a band that has been releasing quality music, touring constantly, and always keeping their fans happy for over 30 years, and Rush has been at it a decade longer! Clockwork Angels was an absolutely brilliant album and in my top three Rush albums ever. For a band to release one of their best albums ever 20 albums into their career, while still playing "Evening With" shows around the world post-60 years of age, is simply remarkable. These guys have earned the right to sit back with a tall glass of wine and just let the time tick on down.

I would be shocked if we don't get a Geddy Lee solo album. He seems like he has a ton of creativity left in him.

I can't imagine Neil and Alex will stop making music as well. The touring seems to be the issue here. I am interested in learning how a band can deal with that instead of totally calling it quits.

Last edited:
I am interested in learning how a band can deal with that instead of totally calling it quits.
Me too. I don't really understand why some bands can't/don't just retire to the studio. I understand the whole playing live & taking new music out on the road to your fans &/or an audience. But plenty of material that all bands record in the studio never makes it to the live arena anyway. Any decent examples, Foro, of bands that have quit touring & continued to produce albums?

Me too. I don't really understand why some bands can't/don't just retire to the studio. I understand the whole playing live & taking new music out on the road to your fans &/or an audience. But plenty of material that all bands record in the studio never makes it to the live arena anyway. Any decent examples, Foro, of bands that have quit touring & continued to produce albums?
Well...there's The Beatles. And XTC. Just some examples.

Back