Rush Survivor Finished: Red Barchetta wins!

satisfied with results?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
I find it amazing given the depth of this band's catalogue how closely the top 10 matched my own:

1. Limelight
2. Red Barchetta
3. Subdivisions
4. Distant Early Warning
5. Natural Science
6. Strangiato
7. Xanadu
8. The Anarchist
9. Dreamline
10. Animate
11. Available Light
12. Red Sector A
13. 2112
14. Tom Sawyer

Great game. Thanks for hosting

The Trees, Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres, Natural Science, The Analog Kid, Middletown Dreams and Animate should have lasted longer. The Trees is easily top ten for me. The others, maybe, but if not, they're close.
Yea The Trees getting eliminated was awful. All those songs are worth too, even if I may have voted for them.

I'd take Time Stand Still over Anarchist as well I think.

Yeah, I would've at least liked to see The Trees, Working Man, or A Passage to Bangkok in the top 10. And I'd've liked to see Red Sector A higher.

Good call on Dreamline, mckindog. Earthshine's another I wish would've lasted longer. And of course Mystic Rhythms. It was a really good top 10, though.

Mine would look different. I never made a top 10 in order, but I'd probably have these songs in it (the bold ones made it in this survivor):

Favourite 4 songs:
Subdivisions
Vital Signs
Afterimage
Limelight

Next favourite 4 songs:
Middletown Dreams
Cygnus X-1
Passage to Bangkok
The Anarchist

Next favourite 2 songs:
Available Light (or The Trees or Clockwork Angels)
Losing It (or The Analog Kid)

Interesting Foro that you only have one epic in your list.

Also interested to see Analog Kid mentioned as a song that should have gone further.
I agree.

Well, maybe Xanadu should have been in it as well. A great epic from start to finish. And to be fair, when I hear the first halfs of both La Villa Strangiato and Natural Science I also think they should belong in the top 10.
The only thing is that I think these latter two drop in quality later on, and I have to be critical. :)

Interesting Foro that you only have one epic in your list.

Also interested to see Analog Kid mentioned as a song that should have gone further.
I agree.

Well of course, since the most complex song ever is The Fugitive, even these Rush epics look simple in comparison. :D

Back