Run to the Hills on concerts?

Hey, I was just wondering - one of my favorite songs by IM is Run to the Hills. As far as I know it's one of their most popular as well, so I thought it would be one of their 'to-go' songs to play regularly alongside with fear of the dark or the trooper... However I've been to 2 of their concerts and both times they played pretty much all of my favorite songs, except... Run to the Hills.

I also tried to google it up a bit, and on youtube there're very few instances of this song being played live in past few years... Is there any secret reason they play it live so little ? :confused:

you-very-funny-guy.jpg

They've played it live on tour in... 2001 (sparingly), 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

It's definitely earned a rest for a while. But you can count they will bring it back at some point.

Check here;

http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/iron-maiden-songs-–-a-rough-overview-of-their-“live-history”.16270/

They play it for a number of tours and then drop for one or two and then all over again. Like Wrathchild, TNOTB, 2MTM and such. Throughout touring, Iron Maiden played only their eponymous song at each and every tour since they've written it. Hallowed had that status but it was dropped once, for the 2012-13 ME tour.

So I guess I was just unlucky then... I went to see them in Prague few years back and Zilina earlier this year, no luck either time.

Well that means I have to try my luck some other time. Thanks for clarification anyway. Up the irons! :edmetal:

It might depend on the rest of the set if they play Run To The Hills or not (usually in the encores) seeing as it can be a pretty grueling track to do live for Bruce especially...If the set is is pretty heavy on his vocals already it might be easier for them to just "ride it home" with some not so demanding "can-do-them-upside-down" encore songs.

Yeah, whenever you're searching for this kind of information check the Commentary subforums first, it contains the biggest repository of information on Maiden there is.

They did not play it at three of the shows I attended but I always welcomed the changes so I could hear songs which I never heard live rather they'd be new or classic. The last set had many welcomed surprises.

It might depend on the rest of the set if they play Run To The Hills or not (usually in the encores) seeing as it can be a pretty grueling track to do live for Bruce especially...If the set is is pretty heavy on his vocals already it might be easier for them to just "ride it home" with some not so demanding "can-do-them-upside-down" encore songs.
RTTH actually hasn't been an encore since 2004.

Back