Rock in rio overdubs

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
We all know or have heard about the overdubs.

One on the Wicker Man-where Bruce says \"Woo-oh-oh-oh.  RIO!\" and the audience sings with Bruce, but on the original just the audience sang.

Another is on Fear Of The  Dark, where Bruce says \"You\" and sings with the audience, but on the original concert, just the audience sang.

Do overdubs affect the enjoyment of an album?  Does it matter that there are overdubs? Will you not buy it because of overdubs?  Do they really matter?

I think overdubs are not really that important, as almost every live album has overdubs (Live After Death has loads-but is considered the best Maiden live album).  Overdubs are good to cover up silly mistakes or forgetting lyrics.  They do not need to be in silly places like when the audience sing.

But, in two years' time, the overdubs will be forgotten, and no-one will be bothered about them.  I don't think they matter in the long run.

What do you think about it?

Well, to me a live album should be put out as it was recorded. Mistakes and forgotten lyrics included. that's the nice thing about a live concert, that everything good or bad can happen!

But I don't see the point in overdub things like Bruce not singing while it's up to the audience do it... but I also agree that in the end in two years no one will remember it.

It's all right. But as you said, the part when Bruce says You.. and he continues singing sounds stupid. Everyone knows he would have let the audiance sing that line. Well anyway, I'll probably buy it.

Of course, idealy the album would be without overdubs but it wouldn't really bother me that much if there were a few.

I'm just glad to be able to hear what I missed on the Metal 2000 tour...
[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And you can always get bootlegs for the original concerts, so I don't think it's that bad.

[a href=\'http://roio.free.fr/groupe/iron%20maiden.html\' target=\'_blank\']Some downloadable bootlegs! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/a]

[!--QuoteBegin-KRS+17 Mar. 2002,7:50--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ 17 Mar. 2002,7:50)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Paladium?[/quote]
No, Rock In Rio!

There's a 19 year difference [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ow sorry, I thought you were talking about Maiden bootlegs in general, but RIR was still the topic, so N/M.

RIR bootleg, is on that site btw.

It's a very good concert.  The best was Earls Court though IMO.  More energy-and it was one of the first dates of the tour, so the band were very new to the songs.  At RIR, the band were tired and getting bored of the same songs night after night.  Same with LAD-Bruce's voice was burned out by the time it was recorded.  His voice has never been the same since that tour.  Almost every night for a year they were doing gigs-many later ones were cancelled because Bruce's voice was worn out!  It's the same with RIR.  Bruce was burned out, and the band just wanted to get back home!!!

[!--QuoteBegin-KRS+17 Mar. 2002,7:52--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ 17 Mar. 2002,7:52)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][a href=\'http://roio.free.fr/groupe/iron%20maiden.html\' target=\'_blank\']Some downloadable bootlegs! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/a][/quote]
Every single link on that page is broken...  :)  :p

No it's not, what you have to do is, click on the myplay logo,and login with the password: roio.free.fr , then you get acces to the myplay account and you can download the mp3's from there. Try it.

[!--QuoteBegin-KRS+18 Mar. 2002,2:24--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ 18 Mar. 2002,2:24)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]From what year is Earls Court?[/quote]
16th June 2000...my first Maiden gig!

Great! Night to remember.. first time for me has still to come..

Bruce's voice is really good now!

Listen to Red Skies by Samson and you'll see what I mean [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think his voice was slowly getting lower-it was like he was on helium in Samson! NOTB showed his voice had a lower tone... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  It got lower and lower until about AOB...then it came back to how it was.  Since then, it's been perfect.  It's have a 6 year rest (NPFTD to Skunkworks was very different)

The song I mentioned earlier (Red Skies) is the highest I've ever heard him sing!  So out of tune...

I read the \"mail me if link broken\" thing as Link Broken... My mistake, sorry...  :p

Back