Remember Tomorrow

How good is Remember Tomorrow on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Remember Tomorrow' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'remember Tomorrow'

One of the best ! Lots of changes and still carries that sad feeling. Paul´s voice is very powerfull on this one and the bass lines are impressive.

'remember Tomorrow'

I don't really dislike the song, but compared to some of the other stuff on the album it's just sub-par. On the other hand, Paul is really brilliant with his screams on this one.

'remember Tomorrow'

forgotten classic!!! Very emotional and raw, the Maiden Japan version is even cooler because the heavy parts are alot faster there. I really like this song, even if it's more mellow than other Maidensongs. 4,5 stars!

'remember Tomorrow'

I can only agree on what was said, great work by Paul and Steve, superb creeping melody and guitar breaks.

'remember Tomorrow'

One of my favourites off a great album. I love both the studio version and Bruce singing it live too - he does a great job on this song.

I think the slow intro and the melodious singing ("the clouds take me higher"), effortlessly running into the heavier chorus (sort of), makes this song brilliant. Great solos too.

4.5 stars

'remember Tomorrow'

An underrated song. One of my favourites and certainly the best on this album. Superb lyrics and wonderful range in vocals by Di'Anno. The guitar bits really rock too!

'remember Tomorrow'

Opeth did a very good cover of the song as well. You can hear it on 'My Arms, Your Hearse'. This song, along with Strange World are the most underrated songs on the debut LP.

'remember Tomorrow'

I didn't like this song at first, but it grew on me. Now it's one of my favs on the album. I guess it just seems like a very emotional song to me, I like it for that. 4.5/5.

Re: 'remember Tomorrow'

Remember tomorrow: this is one of the best ‘quiet’ songs iron maiden have done. Pauls voice fits perfectly with the music, the music is mystifying at first but like any iron maiden song it goes heavy at certain parts. The lyrics do make you think, I still have no idea what they’re about. Instrumentals are good and so is the solo. Guitars work well with the bass and drums which have a few too many improvised fills for such a song. I give it 4.5/5

Daily Song: Remember Tomorrow

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Remember Tomorrow

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

I love this song. Paul is in top form on this track, the guitars are awesome. It sounds good with Bruce, too, and I've always wondered why they never played it with Blaze. It's deeper and may have fit his register. 10/10.

Re: Daily Song: Remember Tomorrow

It's a good song, but it has never caught me as well as it could.  One of the highlights of the album, but Maiden have done better.  I give it 8.

Re: Daily Song: Remember Tomorrow

Took me years to get it, but one of the better songs on the album.
I'll give it a seven.
Love how the North American side 1 of this album basically set the template for all Maiden to come:
You've got your nasty rocker (Prowler), your moody atmospheric piece (RT), your anthem (Running Free) and your epic (Phantom)

Really a special song. Impressive atmosphere.
The calm music itself gives me the idea of journeying with a mysterious traveller, going towards an unknown destination. As soon as the bass intro starts, the traveller begins to walk, and I follow.

I really like Paul's performance, one of his best. The rather long intense midpart presents a sort of tension, hardly to be found on Killers.

Awesome song, really a template that many other bands wpuld follow (at least Metallica said they ripped this off for Fade to Black and Sanatarium).  From a vocal perspective, I think this is Paul's finest hour, he sang this song so well.

7. I like the lyrics and the way Paul sings, but this song was always one of my least fave from the debut, although sometimes it comes to mind and I get really excited to give it a listen, but apart from that, never listened that much to it. Also, I prefer the Maiden Japan version.

This one is certainly a classic, and a top-notch performance showing what early-day Maiden were capable of. However, and I might get crucified for this, I always felt that Paul showed how limited his vocal abilities were on this one. Granted, it's his song, but I always felt it had a better flow with Bruce, and sounded more like Maiden with him. But other than that, a great song. 8/10.

Back