Religious beliefs of Iron Maiden fans

This thread is not meant to be a religious debate. I'd just like to see what the religious opinions seem to be among the brothers and sisters in Iron Maiden. I guess I'll start by saying I'm an atheist. Don't be afraid to share your beliefs. I certainly don't care. I'm just curious to see...

Before this thread goes crazy with Adrian worshippers, I'll jump in and say that I'm a LaVeyan Satanist, but I was raised as a Christian so I'm always respectful of others' beliefs.

Raised in an aggressively atheist family, I am a Catholic convert, actively practising. In fact, I'm starting my Theology studies this autumn.

Forever the contrarian, eh Judas? :D

And in the spirit of the thread, raised Catholic, non-practising.
I believe organized religion is a terrifying, horribly abused concept and that faith (in whatever) is highly underrated.
And yes, I fully appreciate the irony of the above.

I'm a polytheist.

6379617419_b5772cba7b_b.jpg

adrian-smith.jpg

I'm an atheist, but I'm perfectly fine with whatever people want to believe in as long as two things:

One, do ye no harm.
Two, agree that all people of all races, religions, genders and sexual orientations deserve the same treatment in all things.

Go with that and I'm cool with whatever religion you want to believe in. Violate the above and I'm your enemy.

I'm an atheist, but I'm perfectly fine with whatever people want to believe in as long as two things:

One, do ye no harm.
Two, agree that all people of all races, religions, genders and sexual orientations deserve the same treatment in all things.

Go with that and I'm cool with whatever religion you want to believe in. Violate the above and I'm your enemy.

I'm basically the same, but I'd add a 3rd thing to that list.

Three, don't try to convert me to your beliefs.

I'm more than fine if someone is Catholic, Islam etc. or even if they want to believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster. But even from a very young age, I get really really pissed off when people try to convert me to their beliefs. Everyone should get a choice as to what they personally believe in. I respect your choice and beliefs, so you should respect mine.

Back