Votes: 16 27.1%

Votes: 17 28.8%

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Below 1 star. Worst album EVER!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
as of now 4, but that may just be because it's so massive and hard to take in. I'll need more time with it

I would say four stars, except that the album breaks a lot of patterns that Maiden have been stuck in for a while now, so bonus star for that alone.

Also the pacing of this album is much better in terms of having a couple of shorter numbers in there, don't get me wrong, I love AMOLAD, but man, that's a LONG album that feels long and felt long the first time I listened to it. This album does not feel long at all.

As of now 5 stars just because I can't find a weak song. But it's not BEYOND INFINITY as I still prefer SSOASS and AMOLAD thus far. :p

Beyond five stars..

- Not one bad song
- Each song has so much to analyze and explore
- I love the kind of "mystical" feel to it
- Kind of that more progressive feel to it, but not enough to say they 'sold out'
- Finally GOT RID OF THE REPEDITIVE CHORUS!  To me that's a +2 for any song by default

This album threw me to the ground. I did not survive. But in the end I was brought back to life. Words won't even begin to scratch what this album makes you feel, whatever it freaking is, it's intense and frightening and full of glory.

5 stars first listen.

Who the hell voted 2 stars?

WHO THE HELL VOTED TWO STARS!?!?!??!?!?!??!

It's a 5 for me, but I've still got many more listens til I can really get to grips with this behemoth.

Fucking 5. It's a special album. Best of 2000's Maiden, best of past 7th Son Maiden I think. I'm seeing this in the same class with PoM, PS, SiT.

LogJam said:
Who the hell voted 2 stars?

WHO THE HELL VOTED TWO STARS!?!?!??!?!?!??!

It's a 5 for me, but I've still got many more listens til I can really get to grips with this behemoth.
I wish there was an option to make polls public so we could see who voted. I'm sure the mods can see though.

I gave it 4 stars, and I'm ranking it based on all of their other albums.  Which means it's still damn good.

I think giving it 5+ stars is just as ridiculous as someone giving it a 2 or a 1...

My personal feeling is that it's a 3 star album but it doesn't mean that it's a bad album... just pretty average.  IMO it's easily the weakest of the post-reunion albums and that's why I'm disappointed.  Doesn't mean I don't like it at all (I'm it's been on repeat exclusivelly since it came out), but it just doesn't do it for me.

Mainly due to:
- too mid-tempo (my fave thing about Maiden is how fast and melodic they can play, and the contrast with the slow intros etc.)
- some parts remind me too much of previous songs (ex. Isle of Avalon of SSoaSS and No More Lies, Alchemist of Pilgrim etc.).. not as original
- disappointed in some of the guitar solos
- Satellite 15 doesn't belong on the album in its current shape - it's ok as a demo but they really should've worked on it to make it a really good intro

I was very excited about this album initially especially with H being the main contributor... but it's actually Dave's TMWWBK and Janick's Talisman that are my faves.  Although I love Coming Home.

And it's got nothing to do with them being prog or whatever... I'd say my fave band right now is Dream Theater so there...

All that said, Maiden still rock and I'm very glad they're still making music!

Back