Random trivia

I'll give you the answer to 1: The Netherlands. 26 years. No recession between 1982 and 2008.

Which country only needs one year to reach/beat this? Since the Brexit, and because of some other worries (decreasing raw material prices) there are some worries that it might not happen.

Maiden trivia:

On the Iron Maiden albums, there are only two songs (co-)written by a guitarist that feature (a) guitar solo(s), but not a solo by that particular guitarist (the (co-)writer in question) himself.

Who is this/are these guitarist(s) and which are the songs we're talking about?

Frus, you answered Cried's question (one of them at least). ;-) Here is another one: Twilight Zone.

But we're not done yet with mine. Hooks in You was not what I was looking for. The (co-)writer should play on the song.

What I find so special (and rare) is that the songs I'm asking for do have (a) solo(s) but the (co-)writing guitarist does not play the solo(s) himself! He gives (a) solo(s) to (an)other (people)! I don't think Adrian wrote Hooks in You without having in mind doing an own solo on it (as we can hear, there is room for two: Dave and himself). So I'll rephrase the original question:

On the Iron Maiden albums, there are only two songs (co-)written by a guitarist that feature (a) guitar solo(s), but not a solo by that particular guitarist (the (co-)writer in question) himself. Note: the (co-)writing guitarist plays on the song.

1. Janick Gers co-wrote The Mercenary (Gers/Harris) and the solos are by Dave Murray and Adrian Smith.
2. ??? (co-)wrote ??? (???) and the solo(s) is/are by ???

Last edited:
I went through all IMC pages and apart from Mercenary nothing matches. Unless IMC is wrong, it can only be a song from The Book of Souls and nothing seems to match there either. I demand an answer! :p

Hooks in You was not what I was looking for. The (co-)writer should play on the song.
You didn't state that originally:
On the Iron Maiden albums, there are only two songs (co-)written by a guitarist that feature (a) guitar solo(s), but not a solo by that particular guitarist (the (co-)writer in question) himself.
Hooks In You answers that question...:innocent:

But to address your now modified question:
On the Iron Maiden albums, there are only two songs (co-)written by a guitarist that feature (a) guitar solo(s), but not a solo by that particular guitarist (the (co-)writer in question) himself. Note: the (co-)writing guitarist plays on the song.

Uh. A Lord Adrian co-written track I assume?
What I find so special (and rare) is that the songs I'm asking for...
So these are the exception, not the rule? Are going to finally concede that it's also the exception and not the rule live too, and quit peddling all this "share" crap in that other thread? :p
Journeyman...?
Yip, I'll give you that one! :ok:

Frus, you answered Cried's question (one of them at least). ;-) Here is another one: Twilight Zone.

But we're not done yet with mine. Hooks in You was not what I was looking for. The (co-)writer should play on the song.

What I find so special (and rare) is that the songs I'm asking for do have (a) solo(s) but the (co-)writing guitarist does not play the solo(s) himself! He gives (a) solo(s) to (an)other (people)! I don't think Adrian wrote Hooks in You without having in mind doing an own solo on it (as we can hear, there is room for two: Dave and himself). So I'll rephrase the original question:

1. Janick Gers co-wrote The Mercenary (Gers/Harris) and the solos are by Dave Murray and Adrian Smith.
Is it maybe a song from the fear of the dark album forostar?

Wasting Love?

Just to clarify, the solo does not sound like a Gers solo - but I could be way off the mark here.

Albie, that solo is indeed by Janick. it is a very popular one on this forum. The one but most favourite Janick Gers solo out here (at least according to the still ongoing Tournament of Maiden Solos).

Legatodave: no.

Cried: Yes: first hint: the song was (co-)written by Adrian Smith.

Last edited:
Yes!

2. Adrian Smith co-wrote Sun and Steel (Dickinson/Smith) and the solo is by Dave Murray.

Back