Random thoughts

national acrobat said:
I caught part of a TV program last week called Half Man Half Tree, about this man who has a skin condition where branches/roots grow out of his hands and feet.
I saw that program (or at least a program about him), but a few months back. I think some experts said it was overgrown warts (or something). But the show ended with this guy opting not to have treatment for it - but chose instead to join a freak show.

So I took a facebook quiz on what "true" nationality I was and I scored: GERMAN! WOOHOO. I knew my desire to live in Germany was well founded :p I subconciously want to go back to my true homeland lol. The description is pretty dead on... well I think so anywho, more than any horoscope (well ONE was VERY accurate haha, but overall) at any rate.

You are precise yet romantic, efficient yet dreamy, friendly yet somewhat suspicious of others. You rarely smile, but when you do it's very meaningful. You like it best when there is a group consensus, and yet you are easily annoyed by the slowness and/or stupidity of others. Sometimes you think that if only you could live on an island or move to some wonderful place far away where things are different, everything would be better, and if you can't realize this dream you often lose yourself in books/vacations/recipes/sports -- anything for an escape! All in all, however, you make your peace with life, and have many old friends.

Woah, that describes me pretty well... although with the many "are you typically German" tests around, I always fail bitterly. However, this...

Onhell said:
You rarely smile, but when you do it's very meaningful.

Is not true. So many Germans grin stupidly and pointlessly, especially when they don't understand something. It's really annoying, and I'd say that is a typical German trait.

If there's one thing I hate, it's elitism. No matter what it is, there will always be some people who bitch about it and say it's stupid, overblown, not true enough and too commercial. Tough luck if you can't enjoy your life, but just leave other people who do alone.

I'm tired of random people opening our front gate to the garden and taking pictures of our roses. Granted, they are pretty...but since when is it ok to just stroll in to somebody's garden and take pictures? And the best thing is, they leave the door OPEN. So anyone can just wander in and sit on the bench and have tea. Damnit, thats what public property is for, there's the beach and TWO parks literally a stone's throw away!

So I'm sitting in my dad's office, and see a spider on the ceiling. I know my dad is an arachnophobiac, so I'm going to remove it in a few moments. But it occurs to me that I'm not quite sure why somebody would be an arachnophobiac. What sense does it make? Most spiders aren't dangerous, they are just a bit creepy when they're very big. There are many much more dangerous animals out there which people aren't afraid of as much. Even most dogs would be more harmful than a spider.
Having a big spider crawling on my hand isn't on my top list of experiences I need to make, but I wouldn't mind it.

Perun said:
So I'm sitting in my dad's office, and see a spider on the ceiling. I know my dad is an arachnophobiac, so I'm going to remove it in a few moments. But it occurs to me that I'm not quite sure why somebody would be an arachnophobiac. What sense does it make? Most spiders aren't dangerous, they are just a bit creepy when they're very big. There are many much more dangerous animals out there which people aren't afraid of as much. Even most dogs would be more harmful than a spider.
Having a big spider crawling on my hand isn't on my top list of experiences I need to make, but I wouldn't mind it.

isn't one of the definitions for phobias irrational fear?

Back