Random thoughts

The last time I sat in a children's seat, the car was controlled by East German authorities... i.e. I can't have been older than five.

I sat in a child seat when my brother drove me home from a bar last fall....

I do agree that the child seat laws are weird.  When I was a kid, I stood on the front seat with my arm behind my dad's back...that's the only safety restraint that I had....

The last time I sat in a children's seat, the car was controlled by East German authorities... i.e. I can't have been older than five.

Exactly! Live on the edge! Most people can't put the damned things in the car correctly anyway, hence, doing more harm than good.

Since the news are full of psychopaths these days...

Varg Vikernes was released today, after 16 years of a 21-year sentence. I can't believe they're giving a murderer and arsonist with an escape attempt (at which they caught him with a gun and 700 shots of ammo) who keeps posting nazi propaganda PAROLE. Unbelievable.

Cumin smells disgusting, but I love what it does with minced beef.

WTF is it with people?  I know there was one other thread, but it seems that there are more and more people on killing sprees lately.  The guy in NY that killed 13 and someone that killed 3 students today.  It is just stupid.

You know, it's really about par.  There's a few every year.  Just how it is...in the USA.

Well, yeah, but this one was in Athens (3 dead, plus the shooter killing himself) and the one that Per wrote about.  I think it is heavy in the USA (because it is 'sensationalized') but it is happening elsewhere also.

Yeah, but look at Europe - how many mass shooting sprees does Europe see in a year?  Not nearly as many as in the USA.

You are correct.  And, not to blame the media for it, but I have to wonder if that is part of it, that they will be seen by people all over the nation for committing such crimes. 

Michael Moore makes the argument that it is the US gun culture...I think it is the unregulated gun culture.  Which is a different thing.  Guns are tools; kids in the United States seem to be taught they are toys.

And there is no reason for anyone ever to own an AK-47 that is not in the military, despite what they tell you in Georgia.

I sometimes look at it as the problem of America, as a whole, having a hard time teaching their children right from wrong.  And this isn't everyone, obviously, but there are kids that just don't get it. 

This is one of those things that you believed as a kid and then laughed about as you grew older... and yet, it can happen!

Fir Tree Found Growing Inside Man's Lung
A man who complained to doctors of severe chest pains was stunned when told his suspected tumour was actually a fir tree growing inside his lung.

Artyom Sidorkin, 28, from the Urals region of Russia, is believed to have inhaled a seed which then sprouted inside him. Doctors were convinced he had cancer after he came to them complaining of agonising chest pains and coughing up blood. An X-ray showed what was believed to be a tumour, and he was rushed to the operating theatre.
"We were 100% sure," said surgeon Vladimir Kamashev from Izhevsk in the Urals. "We did X-rays and found what looked exactly like a tumour. I had seen hundreds before, so we decided on surgery."
Before removing the major part of the man's lung, the surgeon investigated the tissue taken in a biopsy.
"I thought I was hallucinating," said Dr Kamashev. "I asked my assistant to have a look: 'Come and see this - we've got a fir tree here'."
"He nodded in shock. I blinked three times as I was sure I was seeing things."
The 2in (5cm) spruce, which was said to be touching the man's capillaries and causing severe pain, was removed. Mr Sidorkin, now recovering after the op, said: "To be honest I did not feel any foreign object inside me. But I'm just so relieved it's not cancer."

Source

I caught part of a TV program last week called Half Man Half Tree, about this man who has a skin condition where branches/roots grow out of his hands and feet.

Strange-Disease01.jpg

Back