Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
THE RULES
These threads are inspired by Daily song threads that featured Maiden songs.
Random song thread has to have a poll that has 1-10 options for voting.
First user to reply to a Random song thread opens the next thread two days later.
If that user does not want to start the next thread, he can pass that option to the next user.
If no one opens the next thread 4 days after the opening of the previous thread, first user to notice it can open the next thread.
Song picking:
-pick songs you think a majority of forum users will be familiar with, or
-pick songs which are unknown but you think a majority of forum users will like it.
When you open the next thread, repost these rules.

-

Cool (relatively) new heavy metal band from Sweden. This song has some very nice Maidenish melodies. Vocals are not really good, but IMO don't take away the attention from the music. 10/10!

I certainly see the homage being paid to Maiden in this one, and I agree that the vocals are nothing special. That coupled with the fact that there is nothing here that hasn't been done a couple of thousand times before prevents me fom rating this any higher than a 5.

I'd rate it higher, because it's not a bad song, but my impression is generally the same as Taker's.

As far as these threads go, I would like to suggest two changes:

1: Instead of starting new threads all the time, let's turn this into a single thread "The random song review thread"
It would mean eliminating the poll, but not many are using it and we could simply post our rankings.

2. Loosen the rules a little to encourage more participation.

Instead of
"First user to reply to a Random song thread opens the next thread two days later.
If that user does not want to start the next thread, he can pass that option to the next user.
If no one opens the next thread 4 days after the opening of the previous thread, first user to notice it can open the next thread."
we could simply let anyone post any song they want to discuss whenever they want to, limit of one per week per poster.

Let everyone know if you'd prefer that to the status quo.

Sounds like a good idea mckindog. Like this, anyone who wants to share a song can do that regardless of reacting first or not. The only problem is that we don't see a topic title change so we need to be extra focused. ;)

The Wolf song. I even think I own a Wolf album! The band is already making albums since 2000 (6 albums out) so I wouldn't call them relatively new, however on this forum they are like babies indeed hehe (since most people are rather into older stuff).

I really like the Maidenish harmonies but I am less into the vocals.

High 7

Back