Raising Hell vs. Live After Death

We literally thought of it, because it was the most ridiculous comparison imaginable.

Since The Fugitive vs. Starblind has already been done, at least.

Since The Fugitive vs. Starblind has already been done, at least.

"Iron Maiden" vs "Paschendale" would be a far more contrasting argument than those 2 songs. Although I havent bothered to go through and determine how many sections each has >.> Other candidates to replace Paschendale I would suggest: WTWWB, DoD, Legacy.

Where is that emoticon banging its head against a wall?

When I first went off on Raising Hell, it was because I wanted to think of the best thing ever. I ranted for awhile with ridiculous points, we talked about it, and then the video came out of it (possibly because we'd listened to Mission From 'Arry twice in three days).

The best bruce vocal performance is in Live at donnington.
Exactly! Even if in studio around that time many didnt quite like it, in Live at Donnington he sang pretty darn well. Although I think he sings better the classics in the Flight 666 soundtrack lol

I suppose I should have assumed this "argument" was staged, as the drug paraphernalia was conspicuously hidden from view, and LC doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would actually call Natalie a c*nt...

LC doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would actually call Natalie a c*nt...

He can't. He's Nova Scotian. And he apologised to her. Twice. Even though we knew it was a quote from Mission.

Hahaha I just rewatched and reread this thread, those were some epic times. Hopefully we can have a similar discussion when we meet up again now in Stockholm. :D

Also, I don't think we went to any length to hide stuff in the video, there was so much shit on the table (especially beer bottles) that it wasn't even obvious there was a hookah on there. And no, LC isn't the kind of guy to call me what he did, but in the name of a Maidenfans spoof video based on Mission from 'Arry, all is forgiven. :)

We didn't hide anything, a mass of beer bottles this big does that all by itself.

I still get a kick out of thinking of Loosey apologising to Nat three times for a scripted insult. :D

For my part, I can't believe this is open to debate! :) Live After Death is the absolute essence of Iron Maiden. Best tour, encompassing the best album, groundbreaking and innovative in every way. Full of REAL MAGIC, not illusions, setting the benchmark for that entire era. Pure theatre with the most incredible soundtrack. Yes, Bruce may have sounded a little flat on Aces High and elsewhere. In no way does it spoil the show. He kinda gets away with it. I could understand comparing it to other classic shows such as Maiden England or Beast over Hammersmith but Raising Hell?! For me, that period of the band is a dark place, bereft of ideas and generally sounding a bit 'washed out'. No coincidence that Bruce left that night. The band, for me, hadn't sounded the same since the end of 1988. Janick is a nice guy and some of his ideas are great - The Legacy, etc - but him replacing Adrian left a huge void, both in terms of performance and songwriting. I just can't listen to him playing thoses solo's without wincing. Sacrilege! To summise, RH was a publicity stunt, done 10 years too late as they were flogging a dead horse. LAD is one of the greatest live concerts ever. Not so much Chalk / Cheese as Cordon Bleu / McDonalds.... In my opinion. :)

We didn't hide anything, a mass of beer bottles this big does that all by itself.

I still get a kick out of thinking of Loosey apologising to Nat three times for a scripted insult. :D

When I saw this thread was epically bumped, I actually immediately felt guilty for that again. Fucking Canadians, eh?

Also, Mr Jones...please, please go read the whole thread.

What was it that I said about the holocaust of friendliness?

I did read the whole thread. Are you saying that every other comment against LAD was a joke as well? Some of those responses about LAD and RH seemed pretty genuine to me. I was responding to those.

Now I'm the f****** c*** all of a sudden...

Back