Raising Hell vs. Live After Death

The guy on the right side of the green (blue?) couch is right.

You see, Maiden in 1994 needed a stranger to bring magic. In 1985 the band was the magic.

In 1994, Bruce didn't even communicate to any band members, except Janick. In 1985, despite Bruce-Steve problems, they actually were next to each other several times.

In 1994, the setlist didn't have Powerslave, myself :)D), Phantom of the Opera (sometimes...ok), Revelations, Aces High, Flight of Icarus. It's like the best of the beast.

RH if anything is a sad, sad video. Something we didn't want to happen.

The guy on the right side of the green (blue?) couch is right.

That guy is LooseCannon. The other guy on the same couch is Perun. Adjacent on the other couch (the guy who stands up to defend Dave's poxy solo) is National Acrobat. The quiet but wise fellow in the far corner is SinisterMinisterX.

Specific definition of LooseCannon: http://imgur.com/w6Ce7

IMO there is simply no comparison. Seeing how I originally bought (and still have) LAD on vinyl, and with even the band looking bored on RH, LAD wins by a landslide. A much better setlist and no cheesy magic acts

thousand_suns was going to post in this thread, but his account doesn't work on the new forum. He hates Raising Hell, because it has a bad performance by Bruce, which is his last performance, which is important, and that's why he loves Raising Hell.

LC, you're insane. But, I'll give you this much: RH has an evil dwarf. So it's got that going for it. Which is nice.

Raising Hell was a great concept and really cool. Unfortunately, the mix sucks (overstating a bit. It's obviously suffering from the format itself too though, but that's a given), and the band itself is going at half speed (figuratively speaking). Would probably have been awesome if they had attempted it a few years earlier when the chemistry was better and they had Martin Birch riding the mixing desk.

Bonus points for not changing cameras three times per second and for not utilizing "cool" grey scale.

Bruce's singing is all over the map in a lot of places in Live After Death, but there is is a lot of energy, enthusiasm, and fun on stage. What a great concert!

For me, Raising Hell is a little bit sad to watch, because back then I thought the band was done and were going to break up. The band looked like they weren't having much fun on stage anymore. Watching it, you get the vibe that it was in the back of their minds as well, and the guys were struggling to keep their enthusiasm up.

I have a really hard time watching Raising Hell, because of the lame magic show, and also the show isn't a real "concert," and it's got more of a studio vibe Probably since it was recorded at Pinewood Studios, and not at an actual concert video.

Back