1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainmaker

Discussion in 'Dance Of Death' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2004.

?

How good is Rainmaker on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

32.4%
  2. 9

29.7%
  3. 8

27.0%
  4. 7

10.8%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Detective Beauregard

Detective Beauregard Barrels of Rum! Black Powder!

I want the Adrian-only version of the entire album.

2. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Hot damn this song cooks. Best short song of the reunion? Probably, either this or The Alchemist. 9/10.

3. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

Must say I feel this is a bit overrated on here. It's nicely paced with quite a nice and unusual melody line but really doesn't excite enough for a shortish rocker.

4. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

THE DAVEY LEAD! GROW SOME SENSE MAN!

5. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

Soz :D

6. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

SOZ!? USE SOME PROPER WORDS MAN!

7. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

10/10

Rainmaker is short and upbeat, but it is light years better than the opening track. The opening riff sounds like raindrops (according to the Dickinson), an apt description for a lot of Dave Murray’s smooth-toned riffs. The guitars are on fire throughout Rainmaker and Dickinson’s melodies are quite catchy. Davey’s solo and constant bluesy fills make this song something special. Too bad it didn't have a long shelf live at gigs.

8. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

8/10.

Adore the guitar work - the intro riff, Murray's licks, the fantastic solo and the key changed interlude after it - all amazing. The vocal lines are however not as good which drags it down to a weak 8.

9. Detective Beauregard

Detective Beauregard Barrels of Rum! Black Powder!

This is easily my second-favorite Murray song, losing only to Thin Line. On this album I think only the title track and Paschendale are stronger.

My guess is that Bruce has trouble singing it.

10. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

On the one hand, this song is a bit overrated. On the other hand, it's a great song. Love the chorus, enjoyable overall, 8/10 for me.

11. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

A step up from Wildest Dreams. Dave shines on this track. A great intro, brilliant solo and lots of lovely licks throughout the song.

8/10