Queensryche & Geoff Tate

I do dig the DT inspired artwork. Also, based on the song titles, I'm going predict the possible power ballad type songs to be Guardian, Just Us, and/or All There Was. Eye9 could have an NM156 feel to it. I think the 2 possible longer, more epic sounding songs could be Hour Glass and/or Condition Human. Oh, I'm more excited than ever right now!

Full album review. OMG! The title track is 7:30 long! WOW!

From: http://www.fullthrottlerock.net/apps/blog/show/43470540-album-review-queensryche-condition-human
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and metalheads of all ages: Queensrÿche are back! But not just in the sense of their new album Condition Hüman; no this return goes much deeper than that. This for all intents and purposes is a resurrection of what used to be a mighty force in the world of heavy metal long ago, and a true return to form and what they once stood for: uncompromising musical excellence. The turmoil that has engulfed this band over the past several years has been well documented but now that the messy break up and legal entanglements with original singer Geoff Tate are done and dusted you get the sense that the band is refreshed, enthusiastic about the future and alive again.

A great weight has been lifted from their collective shoulders and it shows in the quality of work on Condition Hüman. Right from the word go you can tell this is going to be a different Queensrÿche experience from some of the media/fan criticised efforts served up of late. From the opening few bars of the first single Arrow Of Time, there is a strong feeling that the band have rediscovered the “Queensrÿche” formula and returned to a style more in tune with albums such as Empire and Hear In The Now Frontier. Put simply, from start to finish this sounds like a Queensrÿche album should.

I don’t know how much time needs to pass before a song can be legitimately classified as a “classic” but I am more than happy to label Guardian in that category. This is the type of song which the band built their reputation on, and I can see this becoming a crowd favourite in a live setting. Other cuts that are sure to warm the hearts of die-hard fans include Hellfire, Selfish Lives, Hourglass and the brilliant seven and a half minute finale of the title track.

A hallmark of the band’s music is the ability to intertwine acoustic guitars with heavy riffs and change the dynamic of the song in the space of a five minute time frame. On Condition Hüman they visit this approach with outstanding results on the haunting Bulletproof  and  Just Us. The band are no strangers to exploring social and political commentary, relationships, revolution, lucid dreaming and the human condition. Once again Queensrÿche venture down these reliable and familiar roads of inspiration.

This is vocalist Todd La Torre’s second outing with the band and it is clear he has settled in well with the group and is more than capable of filling the void left by Tate’s departure. His vocal approach feels natural and a perfect fit. Guitarist Michael Wilton appears to have rediscovered his spark, his performance on this record is nothing short of breathtaking as he cranks out many melodic, but heavy, riffs and amazing solos. Wilton is adequately supported by guitarist Parker Lundgren, while the driving force of the band without doubt is the combination of bassist Eddie Jackson and drummer Scott Rockenfield who tackle this record like a battering ram.

While I have enjoyed their previous releases, Queensrÿche, Dedicated To Chaos and American Soldier, it has been a long time since the excitement of a Queensrÿche record has stirred something within. I am so pleased the band have found their way again and regained their place as a heavy metal giant. There is no doubt in my mind that Condition Hüman will become a special moment in the band’s legacy.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm loving it tons! There are also supposed audio samples for all the songs on iTunes, but I don't even see the album on there. Also, Amazon accidentally started to sell it early, but it doesn't appear to have caused a leak.

Hellfire is going to be released tomorrow. From QR's forum:
VmrqUHW.jpg

The new singer is good but he sounds like a cross between Tate and No Exit era Ray Alder. Not sure Im all the way convinced but its better than he Geoff Tate ripoff band.

Well it sounds like Queensryche.

It takes awhile to get going but when it does it's not too bad. Doesn't really get me hyped for the album though.

Tate's album The Key is streaming on Spotify. Instrumentally, it's pretty good, but vocally I'm bored as hell. It's too bad because Tate showed he could still sing quite melodically on Weight Of The World which I really like a lot.

I have the album on my iPod and I'll be checking it out when I get the chance. Based on the 3 songs so far and all the great reviews, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it. OH YA!

OK, after 3 listens here are my thoughts.

I absolutely loved the self titled, however it was a bit on the short side and left me wanting more. And that is exactly what Condition Human gives me. Not only am I hearing more of what was so great about the ST, but there is a bit more creativity on this one. Some songs don't just go verse-chorus-verse-chorus-middle solos-ending verse/chorus. They'll add an extra, different part in there. And then the title track comes on and OH MY GOD!!! This is the most creative and unique song QR has done since Suite Sister Mary and Roads To Madness. And for a power ballad type song, Bulletproof is incredible! The chorus on that one is just beautiful! So, overall, I'm really loving this one. It did take the 3rd listen for me to really appreciate it though. Too bad we'll have to most likely wait another 3 years to see what this band comes up with next.

Back