Queens of the Stone Age

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
Surprised we did not have a thread for them

New album Villains comes out Aug 25

I really like these guys.

The 2 songs released from the new album

6-year bump, but I didn't wanna open another thread.

I've been trying to get into these guys for some time. I listened to the new album, Like Clockwork and Songs for the Deaf but I feel like everything on those albums pales to 3 of the best songs - No One Knows, Song For The Dead and Go With The Flow. I thought this band plays much faster stuff like those 3 songs but it seems they are an outlier and not a norm.

Any other fans here?

I like their style but overall their songs aren’t very memorable or interesting to me. If you don’t like those albums much it’s prob not for you. Kyuss is really cool though.

I’m kind of a casual fan as well, I have some of their CD’s. Songs for the deaf was played alot while I was in high school. Maybe I should try out some of their later stuff as well.

Took me less than a month to properly get into them lol

Saw 3 live streams since my last post and my opinion on them has grown much higher. Most of their songs sound heavier and faster, and therefore better, when played live. They really kicked ass on those 3 live streams and I liked all songs they played, so it made it way easier to get into their studio material.

Back